It was a wild-and-crazy first round of the NFL Draft on Thursday with the Bears, Chiefs and Texans all trading up for their presumed quarterback of the futures. The draft starts back up Friday and BetOnline offers a prop on the first pick of the second round.
Rounds 2-3 of the NFL Draft from Philadelphia are Friday night. BetOnline offers an NFL prop on which player will go off the board at No. 33 overall. That pick had been held by the Cleveland Browns, but they traded it and a fourth-rounder to Green Bay to move up to No. 29. The Browns grabbed Miami (Fla.) tight end David Njoku there.
So Green Bay is on the clock for No. 33 – although there are reports that Packers GM Ted Thompson is looking to trade back again to land more picks. Thompson talked to the media after the first round and said he’s shopping it: “Oh yeah. You can put that down. That’ll save us a couple phone calls. We’re taking calls.”
So be aware that this prop is on which player goes 33rd, not to Green Bay. If it is the Packers, their top needs are cornerback, running back and a pass-rushing outside linebacker. The individual NFL betting favorite is University of Washington cornerback Kevin King at +325. He was ranked as the 24th player overall on ESPN analyst Mel Kiper Jr.’s draft board and is his third-best player remaining. “At 6-3 and 200 pounds, King is a rangy corner with All-Pro potential,” Kiper wrote.
Two running backs, Oklahoma’s Joe Mixon and Florida State’s Dalvin Cook, are +400. Green Bay has a need there after losing Eddie Lacy to Seattle in free agency. Many thought Cook would go in the first round. I would take him at No. 33. Mixon has that off-field black cloud hanging over him after being caught on video punching a woman in the face while at OU. The Packers seem too conservative an organization to take him – but, remember, they might trade this pick. At +450 is Colorado cornerback Chidobe Awuzie. He was second-team all-Pac-12 as a senior (65 tackles, six for loss, one INT, 12 PBU).
The field (any other player) is +150. That’s my NFL pick because we don’t know which team will be making the selection. Someone could trade up for a quarterback like Notre Dame’s DeShone Kizer.
Check Big Man on Campus NFL Mock Draft & Some Props to Make Some Scratch On!
33. Packers- Kevin King CB, Washington
34. Seahawks- Cam Robinson OT, Alabama
35. Jaguars- Forrest Lamp, OG, Western Kentucky
36. Bears- Chidobe Awuzie CB, Colorado
37. Rams- Jordan Willis DE, Kansas State
38. Chargers- Budda Baker S, Washington
39. Jets- DeShone Kizer QB, Notre Dame
40. Panthers- Dede Westbrook WR, Oklahoma
41. Bengals-Zach Cunningham LB, Vanderbilt
42. Saints- Zay Jones WR, East Carolina
43. Eagles- Dalvin Cook RB, Florida State
44. Bills- JuJu Smith-Schuster WR, USC
45. Cardinals- Davis Webb QB, Cal
46. Colts- Dion Dawkins OG, Temple
47. Ravens- Joe Mixon RB, Oklahoma
48. Vikings- Dan Feeney OG, Indiana
49. Redskins- Alvin Kamara RB, Tennessee
50. Bucs- Obi Melifonwu S, UCONN
51. Broncos- Tyus Bowser LB, Houston
52. Browns- D'Onta Freeman RB, Texas
53. Lions- Deashon Hall DT. Texas AM
54. Dolphins- Quincy Wilson CB, Florida
55. Giants- David Sharpe OT, Florida
56. Raiders- Malik McDowell DT, Michigan State
57. Texans- Derek Rivers LB, Youngstown State
58. Seahawks- Josh Jones S, NC State
59. Chiefs- Alex Anzalone LB, Florida
60. Cowboys- Marcus Williams S, Utah
61. Packers- Kareem Hunt RB, Toledo
62. Steelers- Marcus Maye S, Florida
63. Falcons- Taylor Moton OG, Western Michigan
64. Panthers- Demarcus Walker DE, Florida State
-Kevin King selected 33rd overall (+205)
-Dalvin Cook first RB taken (-195)
-Joe Mixon OVER 41.5
-H2H= Zay Jones drafted before Quincy Wilson (-120)