Welcome to another big night of NBA regular season action! It’s time for another huge slate of NBA betting and there are still several bits of news and injuries you need to be aware of before placing your bets!
Friday night came and went with some excellent underdog winners both SU and ATS. Some of that value came from some super star players sitting out, and we could have more of the same Saturday. Is there enough room to bet some of these NBA Odds with the status of some big-time players up in the air?
Late Game Question Marks
After sitting out Houston’s win over the Nets on Friday night, James Harden looks to have a shot at returning on Saturday. The NBA Odds seem to be reflecting this too. Despite the Rockets playing on the second night of a back to back, they are -8 favorites on the road in Chicago.
Assuming Harden is back tonight, the Rockets. Hold some betting value against the Bulls. Chicago is one of the worst defensive teams in the league, and after a hard-fought win last night in Brooklyn, Houston should have little trouble taking care of the banged-up Bulls.
That being said, if they decide to hold Harden out again, the Bulls could hold some value. Chicago is also coming off a back-to-back where they almost upset the Pacers last night, and that’s without four of their best five players.
The Pelicans are only +3 ½ underdogs on Saturday in San Antonio. Not only is Anthony Davis questionable with his recent elbow injury, but they will be missing Elfrid Payton once again as well. If Davis were to sit this one out again, the Spurs probably hold the best betting value of any team on the slate as of this morning.
Finally, after missing Utah’s game on Friday, Donovan Mitchell is questionable at best for Saturday’s game in Denver. The Nuggets are only -4 ½ favorites as well, and even though the Jazz played on Friday, they are definitely overvalued with Mitchell potentially out again.
Mitchell had to get an MRI on his hamstring, and although It was negative, the Jazz probably aren’t going to take too many chances with their franchise. At this point, both the Nuggets and Spurs hold some value as small favorites at home, especially if Davis and Mitchell are out.
Saturday NBA Betting Trends
- The Sixers are. 5-3 ATS in their last 8 games against the Pistons
- The UNDER is 5-3 in the last 8 meetings between the Pistons and 76ers
- The Celtics are 19-6 ATS in the last 3 seasons on Saturdays
- The Cavaliers are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games against the Hornets
- The UNDER is 6-2 in the last 8 games between the Hawks and Heat
- The Rockets are 4-0 SU and 3-1 ATS in their last 4 games against the Bulls
- The UNDER is 7-1 in the last 8 meetings between the Jazz and Nuggets
- The Blazers are 8-0 SU and 6-2 ATS in the last 8 games against the Lakers
- The UNDER is 5-3 in the last 8 games between the Blazers and Lakers