NBA Player Props & Best Bets Today: Schedule, Picks for Thursday
No Paul George, no problem. I'm betting on the Los Angeles Clippers! Jon Metler shares his NBA best bets for Thursday's schedule using the best NBA odds.
Yes, George is injured, and yes, the Oklahoma City Thunder defeated the Clippers on Tuesday. Those aren't valid reasons to fade the Clippers on Thursday, and the math backs it up.
As the market has undervalued the Clippers on Thursday, a bet needs to be placed!
Check out our NBA picks and our best NBA betting sites.
Thursday’s NBA schedule and odds
(odds via FanDuel)
- New York Knicks (-3) vs. Orlando Magic
- Cleveland Cavaliers (-4) vs. Brooklyn Nets
- Charlotte Hornets vs. New Orleans Pelicans (-8.5)
- Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Los Angeles Clippers (-3)
Thursday’s NBA best bets
- Moneyline: Clippers vs. Thunder (-143 via BetRivers) ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Player prop: Mikal Bridges Over 2.5 assists vs. Cavaliers (+132 via BetRivers) ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Thursday's NBA game picks
Moneyline: Clippers ML vs. Thunder (-143 via BetRivers) ⭐⭐⭐⭐
The Clippers are projected to beat the Thunder by four points, but BetRivers has them as 2.5-point favorites, and it only gets better from there. There's an error in BetRivers' ML price for the Clippers. The Clippers spread is -2.5 (-114) at BetRivers, so its ML price should be -147, but we're able to purchase it at -143.
To provide context, BetMGM has a very similar spread on the Clippers at -2.5 (-115) and its ML is -155, which is also inaccurate, but in the opposite direction. You can't let BetRivers get away with an error like this, especially when we believe the Clippers will win by four points.
We can price the Clippers at -158 to defeat the Thunder on Thursday based on our projection of Clippers -4. With our price of -158 and the option to buy the Clippers at -143 via BetRivers, this bet has a positive expected value of 4%.
Player prop: Mikal Bridges Over 2.5 assists vs. Cavaliers (+132 via BetRivers) ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
When you look at how often Bridges has recorded Over 2.5 assists in his last 10 games, you might not want to place this bet. However, it shouldn't discourage you from placing this wager.
Bridges is projected to drop exactly three dimes against the Cavaliers, and even though that's just slightly higher than his line of 2.5 assists, you're betting this prop at a whopping +132 for the Over. I can price this prop at -125 based on our projection, which means it has a positive expected value of 29%.
As it is very rare to find a bet with such a high expected value, you should do your shopping at BetRivers in order to maximize your advantage. Bridges is only trading at +114 on FanDuel and +115 on PointsBet.
Here are our best NBA betting sites:
- FanDuel: No Sweat First Bet Up to $1,000 | Read our FanDuel Review
- Caesars: Earn Up to a $1,250 Bet Credit | Read our Caesars Review
- DraftKings: Bet $5, Get $150 in Bonus Bets | Read our DraftKings Review
- PointsBet: Earn Five Second-Chance Bets Up to $50 Each | Read our PointsBet Review
- BetMGM: Get a Bonus Bet of Up to $1,000 | Read our BetMGM Review
(21+. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER)
* Bonuses not applicable in Ontario.
- Best Online Sportsbooks | Best Sportsbook Promos (U.S. only)