Below we analyze various trends and breaking news in order to give us the sharpest edge when it comes to cashing our NBA picks. Let's take a look at what our weekly report.
When it comes to making your NBA picks you must be certain that your starting lineup is healthy. Below we detail which significant players have suffered an injury or illness during the second week of January in order to highlight which teams will either be at disadvantage by having a major player out or returning from illness or injury.
- Boston Celtics - Avery Bradley - Ankle - Return Imminent
- Charlotte Hornets - Nicolas Batum - Knee - Out Indefinitely
- Chicago Bulls - Jimmy Butler - Illness - Return Imminent
- Denver Nuggets - Danilo Gallinari - Ankle - Return imminent
- Minnesota T-Wolves - Zach LaVine - Hip - Return imminent
- New Orleans Pelicans - Anthony Davis - Hip - Return imminent
- Orlando Magic - Sergei Ibaka - Shoulder - Return Imminent
- San Antonio Spurs - LaMarcus Aldridge - Illness - Probable for 1/12/17 vs. Lakers
As we look ahead to mid-January and beyond it is important to know what trends are affecting the NBA odds and why teams have an edge in certain scenarios. Below are some important trends on the following six teams:
- Over is 36-17-1 over their last 54 games
- Over is 18-7-1 in their last 26 games as underdogs of between ½ - 4 ½ points.
- Over is 22-7 over their last 29 as a favorite of between ½ - 4 ½ points.
- Denver is 34-16-2 over their last 52 games when on three days' rest or more.
- Over is 25-8 in Pacers last 33 games as a favorite of 5.0-10.5.
- Over is 12-3 in Pacers last 15 games playing on 3 or more days rest.
- Over is 12-5 in Pacers last 17 road games.
- Indiana is 23-8-2 ATS in their last 33 games playing on 3 or more days rest.
- Indiana is 21-8-1 ATS in their last 30 games as an underdog of 11 points or greater.
- Over is 20-6 in Nets last 26 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.
- Over is 15-6 in Nets last 21 games following an ATS loss.
- Over is 15-5 in Nets last 20 games following a straight up loss of more than 10 points.
New Orleans Pelicans
- Under is 44-20-2 in Pelicans last 66 road games.
- Under is 37-18-2 in Pelicans last 57 games as a road underdog.
- New Orleans is 17-39 ATS in their last 56 games as a road favorite.
- New Orleans is 13-29 ATS in their last 42 games as a road favorite of ½ - 4 ½ points.
- Under is 17-6 in Knicks last 23 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.
- Under is 25-12 in Knicks last 37 home games.
- New York is 18-6 ATS in their last 24 games as a home favorite.
- Under is 20-7 in Bulls last 27 games as a road underdog.
- Under is 20-8-1 in Bulls last 29 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
- Under is 11-5 in Bulls last 16 overall.