According to NBA betting odds the Clippers are a 5.5 point home favorite and the posted total is 209.0. These two clubs have seen their last 6 meetings in Los Angeles all go over the total. The road team has covered 20 of the last 27-games between these teams. The Clippers have won their last 7-games versus the Timberwolves. The Clippers enter today atop the Pacific Division, and 2.0-games ahead of 2nd place Phoenix. Minnesota is 4th in the 5-team Northwest Division, and tied for 10th overall in the Western Conference.
Reeling on the Road
Minnesota enters tonight having lost 9 of their last 12 road games. They’re coming off a disappointing performance in a 104-91 road loss versus the Lakers on Friday night. On a positive note Kevin Love has been red-hot for the Timberwolves. Love has averaged 30.6 points, 13-rebounds, and shot 47.6% from the field over the last 5-games.
Inside the Minnesota Numbers
- Minnesota has gone over the total in 19 of their 28 road games the last 2 seasons following 1 or more games that they went under the total.
- Minnesota has gone under the total in 26 of their 39 road games the last 2 seasons following a loss.
- Minnesota has gone under the total in 27 of their 42-games the last 2 seasons when the total is 200.0 or more.
- Minnesota has gone 20-7 ATS in their last 27-games following a straight up loss.
- Minnesota is 8-3 ATS in their last 11 road games versus an opponent with a winning home record.
- Minnesota has gone over the total in 7 of their last 8-games following a loss by 10-points or more.
Heating Up from Long Distance
The Clippers are shooting just 33.7% from beyond the 3-point line this season which is just 21st best in the NBA. However, in their last 4-games they’ve converted on a robust 41.5% of their long range bombs, while averaging 112.0 points per contest in the process. Since the beginning of last season the Clippers are 21-2 when they make 11 or more three-point shots in a game, including a perfect 8-0 so far this year.
Inside the Clippers Numbers
- The Clippers have gone over the total in 12 of their 13-games the last 2 seasons versus opponents that average 53 rebounds or more per game.
- The Clippers have gone over the total in 13 of their 17 home games the last 2 seasons versus opponents with a +3.0 or better point per game differential.
- The Clippers have gone under the total in all 7-games this season versus opponents that average 14 turnovers or less per game.
- The Clippers are 19-8 ATS the last 2 seasons during the month of December.
- The Clippers are 21-7 ATS in their last 28 home games versus an opponent with a road winning percentage of less than .400.
- The Clippers have gone over the total in 20 of their last 28 home games.
- The Clippers have gone over the total in 21 of their last 30 following a game in which they scored 100-points or more.
NBA Betting System
Any home team which has beaten the spread set by sportsbooks by a combined 42-points or more over their last 5-games, and they have a winning percentage of .600 to .750, versus an opponent with a winning percentage of .400 to .490, has gone 36-13 ATS (73.5%) since the beginning of the 1996-1997 season. We'll count on the Clippers to put up the points and add them to our NBA picks.
Free Pick: Clippers -5.5 over the Timberwolves