The stage is set and the Cavaliers will dust off the cobwebs after their long wait to travel to Boston to take on the Celtics. Let's review this matchup of Eastern Conference powers and cash a ticket in our NBA picks.
* Boston is 3-9-1 ATS in their last 13 games as a home underdog.
* Boston is 1-4 ATS in their last five playoff games as an underdog of 5.0-10.5.
* Boston is 0-6-1 ATS in their last seven games as a home underdog of 5.0-10.5.
* Boston is 20-28 ATS after scoring 115 points or more over the last three seasons.
* Boston is 22-26 ATS at home this season.
* Boston is 4-11 versus Cleveland straight up and 7-7-1 ATS over the last three seasons.
Cleveland Cavaliers (59-31 SU, 40-45-5 ATS)
* Cleveland is 4-0-1 ATS in their last five road games vs. a team with a home winning percentage of greater than .600.
* Cleveland is 5-0-1 ATS in their last six games as a favorite.
* Cleveland is 4-0 ATS in their last four games as a favorite of 0.5-4.5.
* Cleveland is 5-0-1 ATS in their last six playoff games as a favorite.
* Cleveland is 4-0-1 ATS in their last five when their opponent allows 100 points or more in their previous game.
* Cleveland is 5-0 ATS in their last five after allowing 100 points or more in their previous game.
Boston fans have to be thrilled with the way this season unfolded. Their Green Team played tough, gritty basketball all season long and it manifested in Boston getting the top postseason seed. That, as they say in Boston, was a shockah! Last night they learned they now also own the No. 1 overall pick in this year's draft courtesy of a heist of the Nets a few years ago. This is as good as it could get because asking them to defeat the Cavaliers, and then most likely the Warriors, is like asking for a major miracle after you’ve already received a minor one.
The Cavs are 3-1 straight up and 1-2-1 against the number versus the Celtics this season and have had plenty of rest after sweeping both the Pacers and the Raptors. The NBA odds makers have installed Cleveland as four-point road chalk in Game 1 and unless they need to shake off the rust, I see them rolling over the game weary Shamrocks en route to another showdown with the Warriors from the West. Bet the Cavaliers in your NBA picks for the series and for Game 1.Free NBA Picks: Cleveland -550 to win the seriesBest Lines Offered: at Bovada