The Golden State Warriors welcome the San Antonio Spurs to the Oracle Arena to begin the Western Conference Finals. Let's review the NBA odds and analyze this series so we can cash a ticket.
* Golden State is 15-5-1 ATS in their last 21 games as a favorite.
* Golden State is 16-5-1 ATS in their last 22 games following a straight up win.
* Golden State is 40-17-1 ATS in their last 58 games as a favorite of 5.0-10.5.
* Golden State is 9-3 ATS in their last 12 playoff games as an underdog of 0.5-4.5.
* Golden State is 11-4-1 ATS in their last 16 games following an ATS win.
* Golden State is 21-7 ATS in their last 28 playoff games as a favorite of 5.0-10.5.
* Golden State is 19-6-1 ATS in their last 26 home games vs. a team with a road winning percentage of greater than .600.
* Golden State is 8-0 straight up and 5-3 against the spread in the 2017 postseason.
San Antonio Spurs (69-25 SU, 49-43-2 ATS)
* San Antonio is 2-6 ATS in their last eight games as a favorite of 0.5-4.5.
* San Antonio is 2-6 ATS in their last eight games playing on two days rest.
* San Antonio is 1-6 ATS in their last seven playoff games as a favorite of 0.5-4.5.
* San Antonio is 2-3 straight up and against the number in all games played at Golden State over the last three seasons.
* San Antonio is 8-4 straight up and 7-5 against the spread in the 2017 postseason.
The Series Skinny
The San Antonio Spurs delivered two of Golden State's 15 regular season losses in the three times the clubs met this season. However, the last meeting was in stark contrast to the first two as the Warriors handed the Spurs a double-digit beatdown to the tune of 110-98 on March 29th. In addition, Golden State now has the services of Kevin Durant who spent a month on the shelf with a severe knee sprain but has looked sharp in the playoffs averaging over 23 points and eight rebounds per game in the team's eight consecutive postseason victories.
San Antonio has had a pair of tough playoff battles in which they dispensed of the Memphis Grizzlies and then the Houston Rockets in six games each. The Spurs do not have the services of grizzled veteran Tony Parker who went under the surgeon's knife after a quad injury in Game 2 against Houston. Factor in the lingering ankle injury to Kawhi Leonard and now you have a team that will start their only bona fide superstar at less than 100 percent.
The only team that will beat the Warriors in this series is the Warriors. The NBA odds on this series overwhelmingly favor Golden State at -1060/+680 according to the line currently being dealt by 5Dimes. Golden State is also favored heavily in Game 1 at anywhere from -10 to -11 depending on where you shop. The Warriors are big chalk for a reason and if you can get a prop that gives odds on Golden State to win the series in five games, include that in your NBA picks because the Golden State Warriors are headed for the NBA Championship Finals for a third consecutive year.
Free NBA Pick: Golden State win series 4-1 Best Line Offered: at 5Dimes