New York Liberty (2-5) vs. Los Angeles Sparks (4-2)
Saturday, June 15 at 8:00 PM ET
Free WNBA Pick: Liberty ATS
Recommended Sportsbook: 5Dimes
The Liberty had won consecutive games before the Aces crushed them 100-65 in Las Vegas last night. Kia Nurse had a team-high 12 points but none of her teammates scored in double figures and the team was just 22-for-68 (32.4 percent) from the field and a poor 3-for-21 (14.3 percent) from 3-point range and they turned the ball over 15 times, while the Aces shot 54.1 percent (33-for-61).
Chelsea Gray finished with 21 points and a season-high nine assists to lead the Sparks to an 85-68 win against the Mercury last night. The Sparks outscored the Mercury 24-14 in the third quarter and they were 34-for-66 from the field (51.5 percent) and 9-for-19 (47.4 percent) from beyond the arc.
Gray, who is averaging a career-high 16.5 points per game, made 4 of her 6 3-point attempts and Nneka Ogwumike stepped up as well, scoring 12 of her 16 points in the second half. She had a career-high 29 points to help the Sparks rally from five down with 4:42 to play and score 10 consecutive points in a 78-73 road win against the Liberty on June 4.
Tina Charles (19.1 points, 7.9 rebounds) had 21 points for the Liberty in that first meeting with the Sparks but she was held to six points on 3 of 10 shooting against the Aces and she has scored just 18 points in her last two games.
The Sparks have won four straight and nine of their last 10 against the Liberty. If the Liberty want to be competitive against the Sparks, Charles has to step up and have a big game tonight; she is the glue that holds her team together and the Sparks will be without Candace Parker (hamstring) and Alana Beard (leg).
The New York Liberty are:
- 5-0 ATS in their last five games against a team with a winning straight up record
- 4-1-1 ATS in their last six games after a straight up loss
- 4-1-1 ATS in their last six games against Western Conference opponents
- 3-1-1 ATS in the last five meetings
The Los Angeles Sparks are:
- 4-9-1 ATS in their last 14 games against Eastern Conference opponents
- 3-7 ATS in their last 10 home games
- 4-10 ATS in their last 14 games playing in the second game of a back-to-back
- 3-12-1 ATS in their last 16 games after a straight up win