The first annual International Football Betting Conference (IFBC) will be held in beautiful Costa Rica on August 4th and 5th. Part of the package is a free entry into SBR’s $5000 hyper turbo Texas Hold’em event, so register now and rake later!
If It’s Free It’s for Me
They say there are no free rides in life but SBR begs to differ. The powers that be are putting together a football betting Lollapalooza replete with a brain trust of industry sharps and wiseguys who know all about such things. There will be eight workshops ranging from Fundamentals of Football Betting to The Science of Lines Setting and plenty in-between. The SBR brass has decided to set you and a guest up at the Sheraton Hotel and Casino for two nights, round trip transportation to and from the airport and free entry into all the workshops. A few lucky SBR posters have been randomly selected to receive free airfare as well. But for the rest of us, all it’s going to cost is a plane ticket to paradise.
In addition to all the other freebies, SBR is also sponsoring a Texas Hold’em tournament with no entry fee and $5,000 to be distributed to the top finishers. I don’t think they’ve caught on to the fact that the prize money is generated by the collected entry fees but I won’t tell if you don’t. SBR posters will get the opportunity to slide away from their keyboards and press the flesh with fellow forum members. Eat, drink and be all kinds of merry in sunny Costa Rica while getting the opportunity to put a few bucks in your pocket. Now it can be said, the best things in life really are free!
- Registration – Players may register on August 4, 2017 during the day of the International Football Betting Conference. Registration closes at 4:00 PM sharp.
- Prize Money – There will be five tables with $1000 of prize money allocated to each table. The top three finishers at each table will receive 50%, 30% and 20% respectively.
- Blinds Move – When players are eliminated the blind continues to move in a clockwise direction in order that it is fair to all concerned.
- No Nonsense Just Fun – Discussing a hand while play is underway will result in a penalty or expulsion from the tournament depending on the severity of the infraction. Collusion, as in chip dumping to a specific player, will result in immediate expulsion.
- End of Tournament – Once one player has accumulated all the chips at his or her table that person will be declared the winner and receive 50% of the payout allocated to that table. If two or more players are knocked out at the end of the tournament, leaving only the winner remaining, the second and third place prize money will be awarded to the player(s) with the highest chip count prior to the knockout. In the event players had identical chip counts, the second and third place prize money will be evenly distributed to those involved.