Betting Analysis & Free Tennis Picks: WTA Brisbane, Shenzhen & Auckland

Joao Mourato

Tuesday, January 2, 2018 2:37 PM UTC

Tuesday, Jan. 2, 2018 2:37 PM UTC

Join our expert tennis capper for his tennis betting analysis for the WTA Brisbane, Shenzhen and Auckland. Find out who the main contender is in Brisbane, the undeniable favorites in Shenzhen and the player to keep an eye in Auckland.

WTA Brisbane – Main Contender

Elina Svitolina continues her quest for a first ever title at the Brisbane International. After two consecutive defeats in the semifinals, the 23-year-old is trying to go a step further on this year’s edition. As expected, Svitolina started her campaign in Brisbane with an impressive 6 – 2 6 – 4 win over Carla Suarez Navarro. Known as one of the greatest defenders in the game, the world no.6 won 47.37% of the points played on Suarez Navarro’s serve. Adding to this, the Ukrainian ended the match with an incredible average of 1.22 aces per service game.

Taking a look now at Svitolina’s draw in Brisbane, the two-time semifinalist won’t have an easy task with very dangerous opponents on her half of the draw such as Johanna Konta and Karolina Pliskova. Adding to this, Elina may also face Garbine Muguruza in the final. Despite the tough draw ahead of her, it’s impossible to ignore Svitolina’s impressive performance on the opening round. For that reason, our recommendation is for you to place a small stake on the Ukrainian to win the title at +550 at BetVictor.

Besides the value on Svitolina’s outright, fading Muguruza may also be an interesting approach due to her inconsistency outside Grand Slam events. The Spaniard is the main favorite to lift the trophy in Brisbane at +350 at William Hill.

WTA Shenzhen – Two-Horse Race

Maria Sharapova and Simona Halep opened their 2018 season with straight sets wins at the Shenzhen Open. The five-time Grand Slam champion hit 18 winners and only lost three games to Mihaela Buzarnescu while the world no.1 won 86.21% of the points with her first serve on the opening round against Nicole Gibbs.

The sportsbooks can’t tell the difference between these two players with BetVictor offering +275 and +300 on Halep and Sharapova’s outright, respectively. Taking a look now at the other players in the draw, Shuai Zhang and Jelena Ostapenko are the main threats on their path. Nevertheless, it’s highly unlikely to see any other player leaving Shenzhen with the trophy. With this in mind, our suggestion is for you to split your stake among these two players, which guarantees you a profit of 93.56% if you place 51.61% of your stake on Halep’s tennis betting odds and the remaining 48.39% on Sharapova’s outright.

WTA Auckland – Player to Keep an Eye

The 2012 French Open runner-up – Sara Errani – received a singles wildcard to compete at the ASB Classic in Auckland. The Italian is currently outside the top 100 after a two-month doping ban suspension for testing positive for a banned substance. Despite long absence, the former world no.5 enjoyed great success on her return to tour. Besides reaching the WTA Tianjin semifinals, Errani also won an ITF event in China.

Known as one of the greatest competitors in tennis history, Errani’s fighting spirit can never be underestimated. However, the sportsbooks don’t seem to believe on her chances in Auckland with Pinnacle offering +255 for the Italian to defeat Barbora Strycova on the opening round. Even though we agree with Strycova’s favoritism, this should be a much closer encounter than the odds suggest. Adding to this, Sara is a terrible match-up for the Czech with a 7 – 3 lead on the h2h. Having said that, our advice is for you to add Errani to your betting picks due to the tremendous value on her moneyline.

comment here