The last Saturday in May features many exciting Major League Baseball matchups. Read on for our top MLB prop picks and best bets for Saturday based on the top MLB odds from our best sports betting apps.
Three former Cy Young Award winners take the mound for National League teams on Saturday, as Clayton Kershaw, Justin Verlander, and Corbin Burnes all look to lead their teams to victory. On the American League side, Shohei Ohtani seeks to improve his Cy Young resume after pitching to a 4.28 ERA over his previous seven starts.
Check out our World Series odds.
Saturday’s MLB schedule and odds
- San Diego Padres (+115) vs. New York Yankees (-135)
- Chicago White Sox (-105) vs. Detroit Tigers (-115)
- Toronto Blue Jays (-110) vs. Minnesota Twins (-110)
- Texas Rangers (+100) vs. Baltimore Orioles (-120)
- Houston Astros (OFF) vs. Oakland Athletics
- Los Angeles Dodgers (-105) vs. Tampa Bay Rays (-115)
- Philadelphia Phillies (+110) vs. Atlanta Braves (-130)
- Pittsburgh Pirates (+175) vs. Seattle Mariners (-205)
- San Francisco Giants (+100) vs. Milwaukee Brewers (-120)
- Washington Nationals (-110) vs. Kansas City Royals (-110)
- Boston Red Sox (-135) vs. Arizona Diamondbacks (+115)
- Cincinnati Reds (+140) vs. Chicago Cubs (-165)
- St. Louis Cardinals (+100) vs. Cleveland Guardians (-120)
- New York Mets (-190) vs. Colorado Rockies (+160)
- Miami Marlins (+170) vs. Los Angeles Angels (-200)
Saturday’s MLB best bets
- Player Prop: Anthony Rizzo Over 0.5 RBIs (+170 via DraftKings) vs. Padres ⭐⭐⭐
- Player Prop: Andrew Heaney Under 15.5 outs recorded (-115 via DraftKings) vs. Orioles ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Player Prop: LaMonte Wade Over 1.5 hits + runs + RBIs (+120 via DraftKings) vs. Brewers ⭐⭐⭐
- Total: Reds-Cubs Over 8.5 (-110 via PointsBet) ⭐⭐⭐
Not intended for use in MA
Affiliate Disclosure: Sportsbook Review may receive advertising commissions for visits to a sportsbook
Saturday’s MLB prop picks
Player prop: Anthony Rizzo Over 0.5 RBIs vs. Padres (+170 via DraftKings) ⭐⭐⭐
Anthony Rizzo is plenty familiar with San Diego Padres starter Michael Wacha from the days of their Chicago Cubs-St. Louis Cardinals rivalry. Rizzo has slashed .412/.483/.627 with three home runs over 51 career at-bats against Wacha.
Rizzo is enjoying the shift ban, as he's on pace for the highest batting average of his career (.301), and his 145 OPS+ is the highest it's been since his All-Star years with the Cubs.
Wacha ranks in the bottom half of the league in expected slugging and barrels, and his expected ERA is 0.6 runs higher than his actual ERA, suggesting he's due for regression.
We would make this a more confident four-star play if Aaron Judge, the man who hits in front of Rizzo in the lineup, wasn't 0-for-15 with 10 strikeouts against Wacha. However, there should still be plenty of traffic on the base paths, especially since the Over has cashed in nine of the last 10 games at Yankee Stadium.
We're making this wager at DraftKings, which provides slightly better value than the +156 and +160 odds found at Caesars and DraftKings, respectively.
Check out our MLB Rookie of the Year odds.
Player prop: Andrew Heaney Under 15.5 outs recorded vs. Orioles (-115 via DraftKings) ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Texas Rangers southpaw Andrew Heaney made his first start of the season against the Baltimore Orioles, and it was easily the worst of his nine outings (seven earned runs over 2 2/3 innings). He's made five starts against teams with winning records this season, allowing at least three earned runs in four of those affairs while recording fewer than 15 outs three times.
The Orioles rank in the top eight in wRC+, ISO, and wOBA against left-handed pitching this season. We're making the Under on Heaney’s outs recorded a four-star play instead of the Over in his earned runs allowed, as manager Bruce Bochy could maintain a short leash after the veteran's other poor start against Baltimore. Dane Dunning pitched four scoreless innings of relief in that game. The Rangers' bullpen ranks 10th in BABIP, which could mean Heaney’s time on the mound is limited.
Check out our MLB MVP odds.
Player prop: LaMonte Wade Over 1.5 hits + runs + RBIs (+120 via DraftKings) ⭐⭐⭐
San Francisco Giants leadoff man LaMonte Wade’s .416 OBP and .865 OPS are by far the highest among all Giants hitters. After a slow April when Wade slashed .254/.438/.552, he's turned it on in May with a .310/.430/.408 slash line.
Though Wade is just 2-for-11 during his career against Corbin Burnes, the right-hander has been regressing, with his strikeout rate, walk rate, ERA, and hard-hit percentage allowed all his worst among the previous three seasons.
This is a three-star play because Wade is in his much more favorable hitting split, as his batting average and on-base percentage are 67 and 130 points better, respectively, against right-handed pitching in 2023. And considering Wade holds -165 odds to record at least one hit at DraftKings, combining this wager with runs and RBIs to turn it into plus-money odds makes sense from a value perspective.
Check out our home run leader odds.
Saturday’s MLB game picks
Total: Reds-Cubs Over 8.5 (-110 via PointsBet) ⭐⭐⭐
Chicago Cubs righty Jameson Taillon holds by far the worst WAR (-0.8), WHIP (1.73), and ERA (8.10) of any member of the club's rotation. That's a significant reason why the team is 0-7 when he takes the mound. However, Taillon hasn't been a hard-luck loser in those starts, as opponents have scored six-plus runs in five of his seven appearances.
Cincinnati Reds rookie Brandon Williamson opposes Taillon, and his xWOBACON, hard-hit percentage, and walk percentage are all well-above league average. The Cubs rank in the top 10 in the league in walk rate and the top half of the league in wRC+ and OPS against southpaws at home. Those power numbers only figure to improve once the weather gets warmer in the Windy City.
PointsBet is the only sportsbook not making bettors lay more juice to back the Over.
Check out our hits leader odds.
MLB best bets made 5/27/2023 at 4:04 a.m. ET.
Here are our best MLB betting sites:
- FanDuel: $1,000 No Sweat First Bet | Read our FanDuel Review
- Caesars: Earn Up to a $1,250 Bet Credit | Read our Caesars Review
- DraftKings: Bet $5, Get $150 in Bonus Bets | Read our DraftKings Review
- PointsBet: Earn Five Second-Chance Bets Up to $50 Each | Read our PointsBet Review
- BetMGM: Get a Bonus Bet of Up to $1,000 | Read our BetMGM Review
(21+. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER)
* Bonuses not applicable in Ontario.