raiderhater9572
    raiderhater9572's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 787

Why is everyone so high on del potro?

Why is Del Potro favored so high against Dolgopolov. I mean the times I have watched delpo this year he has looked shaky and dolgo has looked very goood the times I have seen. I know dolgo is usually the one that is overly hyped and favored but this time I think it may be delpo and I think DOLGO has some good value here. Anyone got any good input???

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

As soon as he started winning matches, oddsmakers jumped on DelPo's nuts again and with the tourney win, he'll be a big favorite on hard courts. On this surface though, I do think DelPo has the edge given that his confidence is fairly high right now. Dolgo is definitely capable, but he is relatively inexperienced on this surface still in spite of the Aussie Open success. DelPo has looked pretty good so far in this tournament as well - rolling Stepanek and then crushing Ljubicic after dropping a set. If the handicap slipped out to +/- 4, I could see taking Dolgo on that, but at 3.5 it offers little edge to me if the match goes down in straights.

thunderingherd23
    thunderingherd23's Avatar Become A Pro!

he won the US Open when he was healthy

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

I agree that Dolgo is capable of winning this match. I was surprised when I saw Delpo as such a high favorite. It sure seems like Delpo is back but I'm still a little weary of him. Also, betting on any Dolgo match is scary. You never know what you're gonna get.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

I agree in that I think DP has been getting too much respect.

The market was quick to jump back on the bandwagon.

Then again, I have no idea how you're supposed to set lines in any match involved Dolgopolov.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Dolgo +250 at SBR Book. Nice price.