TennisBabe
    TennisBabe's Avatar Become A Pro!

Soderling Being Pounded

From -120 to -175

I think that's crazy. The last match these two played was basically decided by 1 or 2 points - a coinflip. The opening line was pretty much correct. Definitely not touching Soderling here. Was leading towards a play on Llodra but will wait till closer to match time and see how much more the line moves

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Where's it -175? Greek? 5Dimes has him around -150 which is still high. I agree with your assessment that there isn't much to justify the move on the surface of looking at the two. It also scares me a little though because Llodra has had a few dodgy price moves in his career that indicate some funny business. I took the over personally.

EaglesPhan36

Even more odd because I just read a story about Soderling and he said yesterday after the Mahut match that he has been sick this week with some sort of virus and was not feeling well during the Mahut match. This line move seems real shady in light of that.

TennisBabe
    TennisBabe's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yea @ thegreek. Last night it was -120 before I went to bed. About an hour ago it was -140 and now -175. I went huge on Soderling their last meeting (Soderling was playing lights out at the time) and was a big nail bitter. In a venue in Llodra beat him last year (home crowd obviously) I'm shocked at the movement.

EaglesPhan36

Guess we'll find out if anything shady is happening here soon. Someone should keep track of the in-match price as they play.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Go figure with the way my last two days have been going I'm on Llodra.

Honestly, if this is a straight up match, Llodra was the play at the price. If not, well... you guys just keep me posted.

Bloody hell. Now I have to worry about Sod/Llodra matches?! Leave this crap to the Dolgo's, Rochus' and Hanescu's of the world.

EaglesPhan36

Apparently someone may have known something. Llodra getting hammered and Soderling isn't even playing that well. Llodra is spraying balls out a lot.

They have the same number of errors, but Llodra's seem to come at the wrong time.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 02-18-11 at 09:31 AM.

koscheckbaby
    Briscoe and Logan Baby!!!
    koscheckbaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

I was reading that a heavy percentage of people had been betting on Soderling when the lines came out. Speculation was it was because Soderling is more well known and higher ranked. I think that's it honestly. Even following tennis betting more closely lately, I still thought Soderling at anything in the -100s was worth playing as a casual observer. I don't think there's funny business. Why would an inferior player have to throw the match in their home country against a top ranked player when they aren't even the underdog? If Llodra wanted to throw a match, why not to countryman Benneteau?

EaglesPhan36

Don't know that he's throwing this, but he's playing like absolute shit. I know he likes to serve and volley, but he's coming to net after every serve and Soderling is beating him easy on those plays. Llodra did slam his racket down once, so he may just be having an off day ... but the money movement is still very questionable.

Llodra also IMO is not an inferior player on this surface and against Soderling, especially at this tournament based on past results.

noober
    noober's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5901

i doubt it's a fix

EaglesPhan36

Funny he stops coming to net after every serve and wins his service game easy.

EaglesPhan36

I don't think this was fixed either, but it does still seem fishy that a big run of money would have come on Soderling + Llodra played so poorly on the same day. Happens some times, but it's always fishy when it happens to someone like Llodra who has had some questionable matches before.

koscheckbaby
    Briscoe and Logan Baby!!!
    koscheckbaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

I really just think it's the fact that there's plenty of bettors that are casual followers. If you saw the name Robin Soderling and Michael Llodra and didn't know their past close matchups, you would jump on Soderling anything -100s

EaglesPhan36

Yeah but this big money run all came about an hour prior to the match. It wasn't a gradual buy-in. Doesn't really matter at this point as this has just been an ass whipping. Soderling outclassed him in the 2nd set with great play.