BathingApe
    BathingApe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 662

Raonic vs. Yen-Hsun Lu

Too much chalk to lay on Raonic at -220?

Nard Dog
    Nard Dog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 384

I think so. I think he is being overrated because of his breakout performance at the Australian Open but to me he hasn't proved that he is reliable. Lu is not a terrible player either.

Ruff
    Ruff's Avatar Become A Pro!

I played the favorite here for whats its worth...

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Lu sucks balls today!

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Quote Originally Posted by Nard Dog View Post
    I think so. I think he is being overrated because of his breakout performance at the Australian Open but to me he hasn't proved that he is reliable. Lu is not a terrible player either.
    Did you watch the match he had vs Ferrer? Yes he maybe a little overrated because of that performance but you can't deny he is talented enough to be this big of a favorite vs players like Lu.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    Did you watch the match he had vs Ferrer? Yes he maybe a little overrated because of that performance but you can't deny he is talented enough to be this big of a favorite vs players like Lu.
    As a Canadian I love Raonic but I have to disagree. There's a reason the opening price was $1.80 on Raonic to Lu's $2.10. Someone who lost to Vasselin in the first round in the beginning of Jan shouldn't be played at $1.50 against Lu who in his last 3 matches lost to Simon twice and Gasquet. Nothing to be ashamed of there. And considering Lu took Ferrer to 3 sets in Beijing in October, the 'Ferrer factor' should've been ignored for the most part. Definite Aussie Open bandwagoners pushing down the price on Raonic from a fair opening price. Just like people jumped on Lu's wagon after he beat Roddick aT Wimbledon.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

nice win if you took it

raonic, tomic, kavcic.....the new kids...keepin it goin.

Jive
    Jive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 142

Congratulations to those who played this. Raonic is going to be a very good player (top 10 at least I'd say), but he is still young. Expect some wild inconsistency at times. I would be careful laying too much on him right now, so I passed yesterday. Glad he won for you guys!

BathingApe
    BathingApe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 662

I ended up taking raonic small. Was able to find a stream and watched the first set before going to sleep. He was very solid on this one.