kingsr
    kingsr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3061

The Player deserving of NO.1

Dokjovic - nuff said!

He has really suprised me this tourney, winning his Q, S and F in straight sets. He seems to have fixed him mental issues which was his downfall.

He deserves the No.1 rank right now. Nadal has a new challenger

JNic
    JNic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 290

very true, im happy to see novak playing so well

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

One tournament does not a #1 make. I will say he's become more likable again. In 2009, he was a total asshole. He's certainly grown up quite a bit it appears. Let's see a healthy Nadal and Djokovic come Indian Wells or so and then into the clay court season and start talking about who's what. Also don't think you've heard the last from Federer by a long shot.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

He needs to win another title consistently this season. He needs to be close to perfect, remember the commentators almost crying with those teary eyes after Murray lost? Even the match officials looked depressed after Djoko won, he's going to need to really show himself out there to force those who hate him to prize him 1st.

kingsr

He is deserving of the No.1 right now, right now. Whether he stays consistant or not is another question, as for now he is the bomb diggity as far as mens tennis is concerned!

EaglesPhan36

Calm down man. Your Novak love is noted.

kingsr

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Calm down man. Your Novak love is noted.

Nah dude, in fact I fukn hate him, I hate his demeanor, the guy acts so unprofessional at times. I can't stand him. I'm team NADAL all the way. But regardless, I can accept that Djocovic is the BOMB right now, you on the other hand may be in denial

EaglesPhan36

He won the first Slam, that is solid, but one tournament doesn't mean the guy is #1. Considering the #1 guy has won three of the last four Slams, Djokovic has a long way to go to prove he's a more consistent player over the duration of the year.

We'll find out.

ringemup
    ringemup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3171

got to win the french open to unsit nadal

kingsr

It's not just that he won the tournament, its the fashion he did it in! Time will show if he can keep it up as I said before.

ha1ogen
    ha1ogen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2797

really hard to say who should be number one right now, the current top five players are all very capable

tankman777
    tankman777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

a healthy del potro will beat all these wankers

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Great tourny for Novak. Feel bad for Murray. I think we will see a guy like Almagro compete for the French this year. Novak will not be number 1 obviously. Rafa has owned the French for years much like Novak owned the hard courts this month.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Goatie, I don't feel badly at all. Until he kicks his mother out of his players box and admits he needs a real coach, I don't think he'll ever win a Slam. His performance was bad enough yesterday - to add the constant looking up at his mom after every point, swearing non-stop and just the way he presents himself overall, he acted like a kid with some natural talent and no balls. The food thing is I heard on the news tonight that he's contemplating taking a break from tennis the next few months although he's scheduled to be Djoko's doubles partner at Indian Wells. I think a break would be the best thing for him. It's one thing when you can't win a set off of Fed. But when it's your peer, that's just embarrassing.

The only person I feel sorry for is Nadal. A final between him and Djoko would've been a great one. The women's final was better than that.

And as for Djoko, he as a long way to go to back up the amazing run he's been on but the fact he's no longer a clown and has seemed to learn how to pull himself back when his mind starts slipping out there, he's definitely in contention now.

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

I've been a novak supporter for some time, even through his bad PR days. Good to see him playing well and playing confident.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

if whoever won a big tournament became no.1 then we'd have 10 different number ones every year

winning one match or one tournament does not make him the best

federer and nadal are bigger than he will ever be and he doesnt deserve to be above those 2, the only reason he won is because nadal is hurt and federer is at the sundown of his career

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

he is a worthy no 3 though

RJ89
    RJ89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1741

Djokovic will probably be #1 by the end of the year.