JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Hey Tennis Forum (After Nadal Injury)

We needed a thread in this forum like this: "Nadal Injured, Sick, Possible Upset Likely"

Instead all I read around this forum was

"Ferrer is nadal's bitch"
    "lol Ferrer doesn't have a chance"
    etc... etc..

I just think we need to sharpen up this forum a little bit, instead of opening threads like GAMBLOR777 is doing trying to scam people off of betpoints. We need to help each other make money not waste our time trying to steal betpoints...

I guess you could say it's my fault hanging around here instead of reading up on Tennis news, but hey I'll admit I'm new to the Tennis world. Just thought I'd bring in experience from other sports.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

the ferrer live ML is actually dropping?
    why is that

Mr.Kitty
    Update Status
    Mr.Kitty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    the ferrer live ML is actually dropping? why is that
    He won the first set

brettels
    brettels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

there is no such thing as a professional sports bettor!

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

dropping as in going in nadals favor

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

I did tell you that Nadal had a strong possiblility of losing this match. I thought everyone knew about the injury.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    I did tell you that Nadal had a strong possiblility of losing this match. I thought everyone knew about the injury.
    Yeah I remember you were one of the few saying that, props for that.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    Yeah I remember you were one of the few saying that, props for that.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Johon - this thread is actually wrong. What is happening in this match right now has absolutely nothing to do with any information that was available before this match (sorry Mikail). Nadal sustained a hammy injury in the 3rd game of the first set. This is NOT because of the virus he picked up in Doha. All of the reading and the threads in the world wouldn't have predicted this as no one anywhere is a fortune teller who can see the future.
    Last edited by shari91; 01-26-11 at 04:18 AM.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

glad Shari cleared that up because throughout this torunament there has been NO mention or signs of any hammy / quad / groin injury

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Johon - this thread is actually wrong. What is happening in this set right now has absolutely nothing to do with any information that was available before this match (sorry Mikhail). Nadal sustained a hammy injury in the 3rd game of the first set. This is NOT because of the virus he picked up in Doha. All of the reading and the threads in the world couldnt have predicted this as no on on here is a mind reader.
    You're right he picked up the thigh injury during the 1st set, but I had no idea of the virus in Doha. The forum still needs to be a little sharper when it comes to a match up like this.

Don't feel sorry for me I had only half a unit on Ferrer which I regret not going bigger, I hope this thread gives justice for those who laid all that chalk on Nadal.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    glad Shari cleared that up because throughout this torunament there has been NO mention or signs of any hammy / quad / groin injury
    Well come on - this thread is ridiculous. Almost to the point where I'm thinking everyone wasn't watching the match and were instead watching a scoreboard. To say that the tennis forum needs to 'sharpen up' when they've already said that this is an injury that happened NOW, not before the match, is just silly. If anything, the regulars on here can be accused of posting TOO much info - trying to decipher player's Tweets, comments in pressers, etc.

As if no one would've mentioned this if he had an injured hamstring before the match started.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Johon - this thread is actually wrong. What is happening in this match right now has absolutely nothing to do with any information that was available before this match (sorry Mikail). Nadal sustained a hammy injury in the 3rd game of the first set. This is NOT because of the virus he picked up in Doha. All of the reading and the threads in the world wouldn't have predicted this as no one anywhere is a fortune teller who can see the future.
    No biggie. You are right. I was referring to the flu like illness and the hamstring thing just happened during the match but that is not the only reason I felt good about Ferrer here.

shari91

iPhone double posting fail
    Last edited by shari91; 01-26-11 at 04:36 AM.

hawley

i would of assumed most people gambling on Nadal would of been aware of the virus he had

shari91

You're right he picked up the thigh injury during the 1st set, but I had no idea of the virus in Doha. The forum still needs to be a little sharper when it comes to a match up like this.

Don't feel sorry for me I had only half a unit on Ferrer which I regret not going bigger, I hope this thread gives justice for those who laid all that chalk on Nadal.
    Then you need to stop expecting to be spoonfed and do a simple search on here. Bloody hell, a poster even started a thread about his illness before his las match. The reason why no one was talking about it before this one was because after Nadal smoked Cilic Nadal said he felt 100%. Illness gone. Not sure why anyone would mention it again when it's irrelevant.

It's not rocket science here. And I think if you're expecting any of the regulars in the tennis forum to have 'laid all of that chalk' on Nadal, you're confusing this with another area of the site. That crap doesn't happen here. We may not be as sharp as you, but we manage to have still figured a few things out.

So funny.

Fang-Banger
    Fang-Banger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

Just missed Ferrer live at -190 which is basically as close to a guarantee as there is. Now it's -450, forget that.

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

I am on Nadal to win 3-1 and 3-2. Wld like to see him throw in the towel here

Fang-Banger

Now Ferrer -850. Fukkk that even though that's as guaranteed as it comes. Congrats to those who took him at plus money. Unreal payday

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by Fang-Banger View Post
    Now Ferrer -850. Fukkk that even though that's as guaranteed as it comes. Congrats to those who took him at plus money. Unreal payday
    Depending on your book, I don't think it's worth it even at the earlier odds you posted. I know I wouldn't get paid out on live betting, even just on the second set, if Nadal retires and I think there's a very good chance he will.

Fang-Banger

Depending on your book, I don't think it's worth it even at the earlier odds you posted. I know I wouldn't get paid out on live betting, even just on the second set, if Nadal retires and I think there's a very good chance he will.
    If Nadal doesn't retire live betting will pay, at least with 5dimes. It's in the 3rd set and I'd say Nadal won't retire, he's just wearing down and will lose quickly. So yeah I missed an easy -190 payday myself.

GAMBLOR777
    GAMBLOR777's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why was my name mentioned here? I offer special lines.

That's what I do.

I wasn't trying to scam anyone.

Johon if you had watched any tennis in the past month you would have known Nadal is not at his best and is vulnerable for an upset.

Don't blame us because you can't do your own research.
    Last edited by GAMBLOR777; 01-26-11 at 04:57 AM.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by Fang-Banger View Post
    If Nadal doesn't retire live betting will pay, at least with 5dimes. It's in the 3rd set and I'd say Nadal won't retire, he's just wearing down and will lose quickly. So yeah I missed an easy -190 payday myself.
    My 3G is lagging bigtime. When I posted that it was the last game in the second. But yeah, that's what I said. IF he retires, live betting won't pay at my book. If he doesn't retire obviously it would. Now that they're in the third I think he'll finish it out unless he injures it more in one of these games. I hope for the sake of Ferrer backers he doesn't though!

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy

Then you need to stop expecting to be spoonfed and do a simple search on here. Bloody hell, a poster even started a thread about his illness before his las match. The reason why no one was talking about it before this one was because after Nadal smoked Cilic Nadal said he felt 100%. Illness gone. Not sure why anyone would mention it again when it's irrelevant.

It's not rocket science here. And I think if you're expecting any of the regulars in the tennis forum to have 'laid all of that chalk' on Nadal, you're confusing this with another area of the site. That crap doesn't happen here. We may not be as sharp as you, but we manage to have still figured a few things out.

So funny.
    Laying chalk or including the chalk in a massive parlay, doesn't make a difference when someone puts up a 1000 to win 100 in the end.

I'm used to controversy going around calling out certain people on this forum, but I'm not one to pretend like things are alright in this environment. The regulars on here and even some other guys have some things figured out. Of course they do, you can't spend years following a sport and still remain an amateur capping it. But I really think it's worth letting people know what a forum should be used for even if it doesn't concern you specifically.

The general atmosphere of SBR is pretty pathetic when it comes down to helping each other find information on a game. You're right to blame me for this particular match, but that's not what my point is. I do my own research online to post my plays in the soccer forum, compared to the rest of the net this place is just a network where degenerates waste their time following each others plays. Gambling historically isn't something to take seriously when people wanted to actually make a descent profit but the times have changed. I'm not someone who spends 200k to win 10k in a year, that's for people who see this as a hobby.

Enjoy the match tonight.

hawley

Once again i think most people who have been watching the open or following Nadal would of been aware of his virus, the commentators i get discussed it regularly in Nadals early games in reference to how much he was sweating

Like Shari said, it appeared as if the virus was done and dusted and tonight the virus has not been what has affected him from what i can see, therefore that information is irrelevant

Are you telling me you wouldn't of taken Nadal on the ML or in a parlay tonight if you had known he had a virus recently?

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    Are you telling me you wouldn't of taken Nadal on the ML or in a parlay tonight if you had known he had a virus recently?
    I may be new to capping Tennis but there is no way in hell I'm going near any chalk like that pre-match when there is so much value playing live. Even if I wanted to take Nadal I'd probably wait until he was a set down like he just was tonight, the + side being I got to actually see the injury.

Still a lot to learn but I'm def. not doing what most people traditionally have been doing capping Tennis.

erkanua
    erkanua's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2395

Everyone knows about Nadal's illness and his injury possibilities about his legs, but how we could predict this match would be like this if Nadal says "I am physically perfect" after Cilic match?

hawley

Sorry, just out of interest here, did you play Nadal or is this just a general thread?

Jrod124
    Update your status

Laying chalk or including the chalk in a massive parlay, doesn't make a difference when someone puts up a 1000 to win 100 in the end.

I'm used to controversy going around calling out certain people on this forum, but I'm not one to pretend like things are alright in this environment. The regulars on here and even some other guys have some things figured out. Of course they do, you can't spend years following a sport and still remain an amateur capping it. But I really think it's worth letting people know what a forum should be used for even if it doesn't concern you specifically.

The general atmosphere of SBR is pretty pathetic when it comes down to helping each other find information on a game. You're right to blame me for this particular match, but that's not what my point is. I do my own research online to post my plays in the soccer forum, compared to the rest of the net this place is just a network where degenerates waste their time following each others plays. Gambling historically isn't something to take seriously when people wanted to actually make a descent profit but the times have changed. I'm not someone who spends 200k to win 10k in a year, that's for people who see this as a hobby.

Enjoy the match tonight.
    leave then man, the tennis forum is the best forum on the site

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by GAMBLOR777 View Post
    Johon if you had watched any tennis in the past month you would have known Nadal is not at his best and is vulnerable for an upset.

Don't blame us because you can't do your own research.
    That's the thing - anyone even watching the sports update on the news in the past three weeks would know that the number one player in tennis had been sick. That's kind of the info they tend to report right before and especially during a Slam. Damn, I even posted multiple times about him delaying his stupid flight here from Doha because he was worried it would make him feel worse.

But to be honest, I really don't think he would've lost this match if this injury hadn't have happened. I think he probably would've lost the next one but not to Ferrer. Ferrer isn't playing at a level that can beat Nadal. But obviously that's just speculation on my part and we'll never know. I'm just glad that he was classy enough to stick it out so some people could make money off of this one.

hawley

Quote Originally Posted by erkanua View Post
    Everyone knows about Nadal's illness and his injury possibilities about his legs, but how we could predict this match would be like this if Nadal says "I am physically perfect" after Cilic match?
    End of conversation in my opinion

No one knew or could of predicted this

kingsr
    kingsr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3061

Look at all the big mouths come out of the closet. Where would you be if Nadal didnt sustain an injury? You guys should be counting your lucky stars that Nadal didnt retire (any other player would have). You're trying to sound professional and snotty just because you won in an injury clouded match. You prove nothing but ignorance and idiocy. Good luck with your Dok-u-dik play fool!

Jrod124
    Update your status

guy is a idiot, nothing u could do here. Nadal got hurt DURING the fn match

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy

That's the thing - anyone even watching the sports update on the news in the past three weeks would know that the number one player in tennis had been sick. That's kind of the info they tend to report right before and especially during a Slam. Damn, I even posted multiple times about him delaying his stupid flight here from Doha because he was worried it would make him feel worse.

But to be honest, I really don't think he would've lost this match if this injury hadn't have happened. I think he probably would've lost the next one but not to Ferrer. Ferrer isn't playing at a level that can beat Nadal. But obviously that's just speculation on my part and we'll never know. I'm just glad that he was classy enough to stick it out so some people could make money off of this one.
    Do you think it was fair that he didn't retire?

GAMBLOR777
    GAMBLOR777's Avatar Become A Pro!

for the record, I think Nadal would have retired if he wasn't playing a fellow countryman.

12 Last