Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

Federer v Murray

Thoughts?

I'm torn and I think the prices of -125 and +113 are about right. This probably means I shouldn't bet it right? I can't really see a clear edge for either player. Both have had their share of success against each other. Murray seems to be one of the few players that can go with Fed and force him into errors.

I think the form line is about even and either could win. I think the difference may be that I think Federer will come out hungry with a point to prove against Murray and Murray may fold.

Anyone wanna talk me out of making a play on Fed?

dlweaver
    one day at a time....
    dlweaver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

i like fed. he looked super strong and i think he's hungry. great record indoors this year as well

Cheetahponti
    Cheetahponti's Avatar Become A Pro!

After watching Murray beat him in the previous Masters I really couldn't take Fed in this spot. If Murray is on song he will beat Federer again, unless Fed can have his forehand absolutely scorching. The line is dropping on Murray as we speak and I would expect it to be close to pick 'em by game time so if you are going to play Fed you are best to wait to get better odds.

If I had to play this game I would be most tempted by the over 23.5 games, as I think this has a good chance of going 3 sets, and/or containing tie-breakers.

Gee

in retrospect, i agree with the over call. i think that may be much safer or for o/2.5 sets.

i probably, like many, prob just have a bit too much love for fed.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you are torn between them both. Not knowing who to back. The odds are right on if you ask me. If your gonna pick a player to win here I think you'd have to go with Murray based on value and his success against Federer. Not to mention his top play recently.

Gee

Yup. I can't bet on this match. Agree that the odds are spot on and agree that the value is with Murray. Cant justify a punt with only a hunch on fed.

Ineed$$
    Ineed$$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

The court in London is surprisingly slow. Yes, the ball bounces low, but it lacks this characteristic hard-court's acceleration (that works in favour of two typical clay-courters like Nadal and Ferrer). It will be difficult winning matches with a good service only. Federer is far from his optimal form: he lacks his good movement plus he got a little exploited during his European tournee before going to London. Murray though, he quickly packed Ikea's wooden-table back to the box and sent him back to the dressing room.

Either Murray or no bet.

fixxer
    fixxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

The field is very suitable for Murray, the odds are completely fine, this is a no bet for me...especially as these are 2 unpredictable players

sourdia
    sourdia's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3046

All over Federer today....he's gonna give some tennis lessons today in London.

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    If you are torn between them both. Not knowing who to back. The odds are right on if you ask me. If your gonna pick a player to win here I think you'd have to go with Murray based on value and his success against Federer. Not to mention his top play recently.

Greekbet
    Greekbet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 45

Federer is no longer the dominant force he used to be failing to reach the final of the last 3 Grand Slams. Defeat to Gael Monfils in the Paris Masters was also a big surprise.

All the value appears to lie with Andy Murray and he is the player to betting on in this tennis match.

PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

Anyone like Nadal to win ATP Tour Finals +253?

Tsonga
    Tsonga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

i went with murray here...but its a toss up

GoldRush7
    GoldRush7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

betting aside, I would like to see fed beat him

Gee

I ended up playing o/23.5. Given the opinions, i feel justified in not being able to comfortably settle on a side.

my gut still says federer has a point to prove here and when he does, he usualy proves that point. murray also likes a good choke job in front of his home crowd. playing my gut has lost me too much money over the years though, so no side bet

Thanks all and good luck on your wagers

dlweaver
    one day at a time....
    dlweaver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

i was set on federer then switched to murray this morning. Had to take the + value here.

brettels
    brettels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

after the australian open this year, when murray cried and quote saying "i can cry like roger i just cant play like him" i thought federer would forever have an edge. murray has dismissed that through out the year, but, tonight i just have to back fed as i think i wants to prove a point.

Wilforth
    Update your status

This whole point of Fed wanting to prove a point is rubbish to me. What point has he got to prove? This is just a game in which either player could win.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Quote Originally Posted by GoldRush7 View Post
    betting aside, I would like to see fed beat him

this match will definitely be decided on the court- two top quality players

and as far as the over is concerned o23.5 means 7-6 6-4 is a loss....this will probably be the score.

i hope fed beats him but theres really not a good bet here, just some guesses and coins to flip. should be a great match. hope fed does it too...ill throw a couple betpoints on him...why not.

macoeric
    Update your status
    macoeric's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8059

Quote Originally Posted by dlweaver View Post
    i was set on federer then switched to murray this morning. Had to take the + value here.

brettels

Quote Originally Posted by Wilforth View Post
    This whole point of Fed wanting to prove a point is rubbish to me. What point has he got to prove? This is just a game in which either player could win.
    maybe he thinks he is still #1 and wants to prove it, he is the greatest of all time and he's not done yet so he's got to reclaim it by beating these guys, im not sure if there are points in the barclays but im sure fed will be fighting back for #1

brettels

here is a bit on the points breakdown from the barclays official site

TOURNAMENT POINTS BREAKDOWN
    Each Round Robin Match Win
    200 South African Airways 2009 ATP Rankings Points
    Semi-final Win
    400 South African Airways 2009 ATP Rankings Points
    Final Win
    500 South African Airways 2009 ATP Rankings Points
    Undefeated Champion
    1500 South African Airways 2009 ATP Rankings Points

the points here are crucial and fed needs them

Glitch

set fed 6-4

WIZARDOFBEANTOWN
    WIZARDOFBEANTOWN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

go fed cash my ticket1st set complete 2-0 in 2nd for fed!!!

Wilforth
    Update your status

Fed has it today.

Glitch

fed and under in straights.

erraasonia
    erraasonia's Avatar Become A Pro!

6-4 6-2!!! so bad for Murray!!!

Gee

Quote Originally Posted by Wilforth View Post
    my take was that federer had lost a few to murray recently, people are talking he is all washed up and he's also played a few more tournaments late in the year than he normally would. all that pointed to a fired up federer. that was just my gut feel and i should have gone with it.

GoldRush7
    GoldRush7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

nice win by fed!!