shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Roddick and the Swede

Live betting at one of my books right now as Soderling as the favourite despite them still being on serve.

I posted that I have a small play on Sod in my thread. If he serves out this game (currently 30-0 3-2 on serve) I am going to hit Sod for a decent chunk more. My only concern was whether or not his service game was on. Now that I see it is, I think Roddick may be in some trouble here considering his serve is flagging a bit and he's not aggressively attacking the net which would cause Sod a lot of harm.

Just my opinion of course.

Pride
    rally rally rally
    Pride's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

Soderling is going for broke on his serve and it happens to be on. First break wins in this type of game.

jojo85
    jojo85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 932

nice call shari. let's see if he can hold and roll in straights now.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    My only posted bet on the first match will be Roddick/Sod over 12 games in the first set. I was actually debating putting money on each of them to win 7-5 and 7-6 because it would be guaranteed profit and a huge profit if the 7-5 hits but if one of them wins 6-4 I'm screwed. So I'll just take it a bit safer and risk less money. Best of luck everyone on this match!
    +1200 to Sod win the first set 7-5. +400 for Roddick to win in a tiebreak. +450 for Sod to win in a tiebreak. Instead I play safe and take the over 12 games for +100 which may push.

FML.

shari91

I think I'm the only one in the tennis forum on the Skinny Swede but....

COME ON SOD!!!

Pride
    rally rally rally

If Roddick was playing how he played in the previous rounds I am confident Soderling would lose. Roddick decided to take a complete turn and Soderling's serve is lights out.

Pride
    rally rally rally

Soderling is babying his second serve in there and Roddick keeps hitting it long.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by Pride View Post
    Soderling is babying his second serve in there and Roddick keeps hitting it long.
    My only concern was Sod's serve and if Roddick rushed the net. Those two factors would've severely hurt Sod's chances. Not sure why a chick in Australia knows that Roddick should attack Sod's lack of net play yet he's failing to do it himself. I actually want him to win this one for sentimental reasons but he's not going to do it like this. Sod's fadeable time was in the last match because he was sniffling and sneezing like he was sick between points in the Simon match the day before. The fact that he came out and won against Wawa (and I lost money fading him) made me think he had a good shot here today. Plus although it seems silly but I don't like when everyone in our forum is on the same guy - we very rarely do well although I know that doesn't mean anything logically. Just seems to work that way.

Living The Dream
    Looks like an Underdog Week 2!
    Living The Dream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 761

F Roddick!!

Pride
    rally rally rally

In my opinion this match was the match to fade Soderling because in the previous match his win could be credited more to the meltdown of Wawrinka as opposed to his own play.

I was wrong, you were right. Good call.

I just cant understand why Roddick couldn't handle Soderlings incredibly weak second serve. He just bounced it up and on a fast court that should be suicide.

High Serve = Flat,fast return = Rush net for easy points.