TheIceman's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Iceman's Tennis Picks

28 May

French Open

Start time : 08:00 AM PST

G. Dulko vs A. Cornet

My pick is A. Cornet to win

Odds : - 229

Bookmaker : pinnaclesports ( 2 set rule )

22.9 units to win 10 units

Preview by thedestroyer9

Dulko is probably only here thanks to the rain which halted the momentum of Sara Errani in their opening round encounter. The Argentine overcame a sluggish second set and beginning of the third to win a marathon 3 and a half hour match on an outside court. The Argentine made 70 unforced errors to accompany only 22 winners, but her relentless pressure on Errani's second ball (won 61%) as well as a bit more experience proved the slightest of differences in the end. Meanwhile, Alize Cornet was thrilling a big crowd who are expecting big things from this young French talent, overcoming big-hitting danger Julia Vakulenko 7-5 6-4. Cornet staved off 4 of the 5 bp's she faced, and won 69% behind the first delivery. Most impressive was her ability to cover the court so well and turn defense into a more attacking positon and she hits the ball very sweetly from both wings. She looms as a real dark horse in this tournament and a big player of the future, and should have too much in the tank for the moonballer Dulko.

TheIceman

G. Dulko 0 6 4
    A. Cornet 6 4 6

Nasty match , Cornet won the first set 6-0 and had a 2-0 lead in the second set and broke down , glad they called the play off yesterday because of darkness at 3-3 in the third set otherwise Dulko probably would win this match .

Forum : 1-0 +10 units

TheIceman

Forum : 1-0 +10 units

30 June

Wager Type :WTA fav ML

Wimbledon

Start time : 8:30AM (EST)

Shahar Peer vs Elena Dementieva

My pick is Elena Dementieva to win

Odds : - 250

Bookmaker : pinnaclesports

25 units to win 10 units

Dementieva struggled in the first two rounds but overcame a 0-4 2 breaks down start against Dulko in the previous round to wrap this one up in straight sets with 73 % won points on his first serve which is pretty impressive compared to 57 % for Peer in her tough 3 setter against Dinara Safina who fought with an injury in the third set and wasn't able to serve in the last games .
    Both met at the Austrlian Open this year where Dementieva totally destoryed Shahar in 6-2 6-0 win for the russian . All in all I think Dementieva is a bad match up for Peer because she wont be able to take this one staying at the back of the court against a great mover like Elena who also has more power and hits very accurate down the lines .
    If Dementieva doesn't fall back to her old days where she had over 10 double faults in most matches she will advance to the next round , things look good as she only made 9 of them so far , 3 in every match .

TheIceman

E.Dementieva 6 6
    S.Peer 2 1

Like stealing candy from a baby .

Forum : 2-0 + 20 units

TheIceman

1 July

Wimbledon

Start time : after Petrova vs Dementieva match

Agnieszka Radwanska vs Serena Williams

My pick is Serena Williams to win

Odds : - 278

27.8 units to win 10 units

Another case of a tired player meeting an opponent with a lot of power aka Peer vs Dementieva yesterday . Radwanska had a very tight affair with S.Kuznetsova yesterday and this just cant go well . Radwanska spent 124 minutes in her match with Svetlana while Serena only needed 69 minutes to beat Mattek in straight sets . They met this year already on clay and Serena won 6-3 , 6-1 . Radwanska's second serve is way too weak and Serena will take full advantage off it with tons of return winners .

TheIceman

A.Radwanska 40
    S.Williams 66

Never really a chance for Radwanska in this match as Serena was cruising for an easy win.

+ 10 units

Forum : 3-0 + 30 units

TheIceman

Forum : 3-0 + 30 units

12 July

Internazionali Femminili di Palermo SF

Start time : 08:05 AM PST

Sara Errani vs Flavia Pennetta

My pick is Flavia Pennetta to win

Odds : - 305

30.5 units to win 10 units

If you are not a chicken and ready to lay the paper do it in this match . Pennetta is on another level here and will prevail , very likely in two sets but this is WTA so I stick with moneyline .

ZXCVBNM123
    ZXCVBNM123's Avatar Become A Pro!

are you tennis world from therx?

yours is like the only thread i check from there

TheIceman

Yes . 2-0 so far today with 3 more bets pending .

woodg8
    woodg8's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ouch. Panetta took a hammering.

TheIceman

Mafia tournament my friend , Errani was made a winner before tournament even started . Hammering her today at - 135 in the finals . BIG mistake on my part thinking it would be a fair match in the semis .