Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

One sweet dog play - Sunday

Haider-Maurer +320

This will be tough but this chap has a decent chance.

Fthenorm
    Fthenorm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 795

took it for +355 on Matchbook, melzer has only won 2 of 9 career finals, though he is rightfully the large favorite here against the lucky loser

RollPlayer
    RollPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!

I thought about taking him too, but the fact that he is a lucky loser and he admitted to being very nervous against Berrer with the finals on the line made me confident in the Melzer pick. If he is nervous about getting to the finals, how nervous will he be in the finals against a top 20 player?

JNic
    JNic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 290

i mean of course hes nervous, his previous biggest moment of his career was taking Soderling to 5 sets at the US Open. This guy is really on a mission, they promised him a spot as a wildcard but gave it to Blake last second apparently. He probably got word that Gulbis withdrew and thats why he withdrew in his last match of qualifying, no way hes injured. AHM will be scared here but so will Melzer, he doesn't have the pressure of the Austrian fans here cause they both Austrian, more of the pressure is basically on Melzer because he is such a big favorite - i'm just answering the question above. Play on the dog is obviously the only way to go here but I just can't do it.
    Points Awarded:

yisman gave JNic 76 SBR Point(s) for this post.

yisman gave JNic 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

JNic
    JNic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 290

actually there is some news on this i completely missed, melzer is dealing with an elbow injury that is seriously bothering him. after the match with almagro he said to reporters, "the season is long and everyone has their injuries. if i had lost the second set i would have given up in view of next season". i mean the guy is qualifying for london and this is basically his tournament right now so i dont know what to make of this, all i know is don't back melzer

noober
    noober's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5901

melzer was about to retire yesterday down 4-1 in the second but almagro made ton of unforced errors to hand him the match.

value with ahm for sure.