excellence
    excellence's Avatar Become A Pro!

Excellence - Beijing & Tokyo Open - 06/10/2010 Picks

Game: Gilles Simon vs Michael Berrer
    Pick: Gilles Simon -1,5 sets, 1,74 on 188bet

Frenchman Gilles Simon and German Michael Berrer will be facing for the second time in their careers, the first and only time he faced the German came out on top by beating a young Simon by partial 63 36 67. But has now gone five years since then and today are two very different players since then.

Gilles Simon is known for having a fairly powerful right, but his left is his forte as a player. It is a very technically advanced and player who likes to put too much angle of his balls. It is a somewhat defensive player, preferring to wait for the opponent's mistake than to have to take the initiative of the point. Belongs also to the new generation of French along with Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and Gael Monfils, yet it has gone from a lot of promise, is the feeling that had potential for much more than what they achieved.

The deal currently 43 th position in the ATP ranking, and with a record of 15 wins and 12 losses this season, this seems to finally be back to return to his old form that made him famous and enabled him to be a long-running Top Ten World. It's been a slow recovery but something that has come to fruition. Signs of that recovery is achieved at the title in Metz two weeks ago against Zverev. He returned here in Beijing and continued its excellent performance, eliminated the always difficult for Sam Querrey 6-3 3-6 6-2, was a very balanced game, but left Simon's comparison to Querrey was very better (10 versus 1 Winners), which came to be a key factor in the victory of the French.

I confess that this is not the German players who know best, is a veteran of almost 30 years and 11 years as a professional. It currently occupies the No. 51 ranking ATP. Not one player so well in the last four tournaments, lost 4 games in May here in Beijing has done to eliminate the Czech Tomas Berdych. Now I wonder is this a victory made so extraordinary? And I tell you, if this victory was in the month of May / June, but it gave him much value, but now for me is just a normal life victory, Berdych is in deplorable shape, do not get to anyone and was not the recent past to Berdych extraordinary would most certainly say "This man must be a top player of 100-200, no?".

Conclusion: Gilles Simon is a player who adapts well to indoor courts, and being in really good shape is always a very dangerous player, for me is the clear favorite in this game. Michael Berrer Berdych won but this certainly will not win that will tear up the trust to Simon, the Frenchman knows it is superior in almost everything, if not all in the German so I think that Simon will popularize Michael Berrer. A win in three sets is my bet.
    Points Awarded:

diegoelmestre gave excellence 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

excellence

Game: Guillermo Garcia Lopez vs Feliciano Lopez
    Pick: Feliciano Lopez -1,5 sets, 2,14 on 188bet

In direct confrontation we have a tie in two games for every one in the only match played in Hardcourt Feliciano Lopez won in 2 sets.

Guillermo Garcia Lopez is currently in 39th place in the world rankings, having been eliminated in second round at the U.S. Open in four sets by Nicholas Almagro, Guillermo Garcia Lopez won the next tournament held in Bangkok in Thailand where eliminated players good enough which highlights the victory against the world number one Rafael Nadal. At this tournament, won the first round in three sets Rajeev Ram.

Feliciano Lopez is currently in 23rd place in the world rankings, having been eliminated in the 1 / 8 final at the U.S. Open in three sets by Rafael Nadal, Feliciano Lopez returns to the attack in this tournament where he won the first round Juan Martin Del Potro in two sets.

We can not give much merit of the victory of Feliciano Lopez in the 6:3 and 6:0 before Del Potro because as we all know Del Potro came from an injury and was still many months and now walks only to gain competitive pace in these tournaments, as Guillermo Garcia Lopez, who has been in great form yesterday seemed far below what we did in Bangkok which is perfectly normal due to the fatigue he must be feeling, we must not forget that tomorrow he will play the seventh meeting in 8 days and last 5 meetings that were played all the three sets and it was noted yesterday before an opponent who should have been easy prey for him and would almost losing the game because of this reason and also for finding a good player Feliciano Lopez I think this floor tomorrow Feliciano Lopez will win this meeting in two sets.

excellence

Game: Nikolay Davydenko vs Marin Cilic
    Pick: Marin Cilic Moneyline, 2,10 on Stanjames

In direct confrontation Marin Cilic won all three matches played between both players.

Nikolay Davydenko is currently in 6th place in the world rankings after losing in the second round at the U.S. Open in three sets to Richard Gasquet, Nikolay Davydenko took part in the tournament in Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia where he lost in the first round to Igor Andreev in 3 sets. At this tournament, won the first round Florian Mayer in two sets.

Marin Cilic is currently ranked 14 in world rankings after losing in the second round at the U.S. Open in five sets to Kei Nishikori, Marin Cilic participated in the tournament in Metz in France where he won the first round Lukas Lacko in two sets and fell after the second round before Philip Kohlschreiber. At this tournament, won the first round in 2 sets Thomaz Bellucci.

Marin Cilic not understand how can be the underdog in this meeting, in direct confrontation Marin Cilic has never lost to Nikolay Davydenko and even Hardcourt outdoor Marin Cilic has been cleared Nikolay Davydenko in two sets and twice what I've seen both of Nikolay Davydenko in Kuala Lumpur as this tournament even getting the victory against Florian Mayer did not convince me of anything, he's far from that so that was a few months ago and play like he's been playing lately I think Marin Cilic again has everything to win this match without major problems.

excellence

Resume:

Marin Cilic Moneyline
    Gilles Simon -1,5 sets
    Feliciano Lopez -1,5 sets

Good Luck People.

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

great writeups bro, good luck

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Very nice write ups. Good luck and thanks for sharing.

diegoelmestre
    diegoelmestre's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

nice write ups

TomaCro
    TomaCro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

you were unlucky with some of the picks,, but keep up the work

excellence

Quote Originally Posted by excellence View Post
    Resume:

Marin Cilic Moneyline
    Gilles Simon -1,5 sets
    Feliciano Lopez -1,5 sets

Good Luck People.
    really bad day damn

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

shake it off bro, get em tonight!

Cheetahponti
    Cheetahponti's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was on Cilic too, when he breaks twice in the first set and can't win on serve to take it you know it's not going to be your day.

The picks were still solid - get back on that horse!

excellence

Thanks for the support people