Fthenorm
    Fthenorm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 795

Late action= All Schiavone

Line moving rapidly in Schiavone's direction...Kanepi supposedly fatigued? Can anyone offer any insight before this match is underway?

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

follow the late money in this one.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Another example of why reading line movement in tennis is useless. Schiavone serve is horrible tonight.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

both players terrible on serve.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

I really think they should sticky this at the top of the tennis forum because so many of us that bet tennis every day have said this countless times: Unless you spot an obvious fix, ie the price drops 50 cents + rapidly, ignore line movement. Too many people bet 'names' and chuck their money on a player based on their ranking which means absolutely nothing. Just study the match-up and visit a few sites to see if you can gain any insight on a player's condition and motivation ie points to defend, going into that specific match.

With that being said, I'm on Schiavone and will be happy to see her take the first set if she can close this out on serve.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

I will never forget that now Shari I am on Schiavone big for the match and to win the 1st set. Line movement in tennis= useless is now cemented in my brain. Schiavone take 1st 7-5

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    I will never forget that now Shari I am on Schiavone big for the match and to win the 1st set. Line movement in tennis= useless is now cemented in my brain. Schiavone take 1st 7-5

It honestly is though. I admit I still get happy when I see I've beaten the closing number but in reality, just by scanning through my thread the past couple of weeks you'd see that I've mentioned so many times where I have snagged great odds only to see that player lose in the end anyway. Of course it's great when they pull out a victory and you made a few extra bucks than if you'd waited to bet right before the match started but line movement as a basis for a play in tennis just doesn't work at all which is too bad actually. Would be nice to have another weapon to try to kill the books but there are too many uneducated bettors that jump on matches and move the line - especially at this time of year when there's not a lot of action mid-week in other sports.

nulldah
    nulldah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    I really think they should sticky this at the top of the tennis forum because so many of us that bet tennis every day have said this countless times: Unless you spot an obvious fix, ie the price drops 50 cents + rapidly, ignore line movement. Too many people bet 'names' and chuck their money on a player based on their ranking which means absolutely nothing. Just study the match-up and visit a few sites to see if you can gain any insight on a player's condition and motivation ie points to defend, going into that specific match.

With that being said, I'm on Schiavone and will be happy to see her take the first set if she can close this out on serve.
    very good suggestion.

even the line drop that much (50cent+), it still worse compared to other sports. Eg, the player retired in 1st set (void bet)..

The real fix in tennis is the most difficult to be read from line movement alone. Eg. Yesterday game between Andreev v Davydenko, I dont recognize any line movement. But who've thought Davy could give away the first set tie break from 5-2 up? and gave 2 breaks away in 2nd set serving for the set 5-2? (whether this match is "fix" or not, just interpret yourself)

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

yes it means nothing. I took Becker yesterday at -150, line was dropping all day and I still took him.

If you want to know a fishy line its the verdasco/becker match

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    yes it means nothing. I took Becker yesterday at -150, line was dropping all day and I still took him.

I've not seen a more mysterious line.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post

I stayed away.

shari91

It's most likely because Verdasco was apparently puking while practicing earlier today. Most likely he got Thai gut rot from the water which I can confirm will knock you on your ass literally.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

and it appears Schiavone backers will have to sweat out a third set.

nulldah

verdasco just want to appear at the final tour, world tour finals.

so, it's common sense not to do anything hard at 250 event when you most likely have to face your comrade no1 player in the world, nadal, that never put half effort against fellow countrymen. Another extra, 1 month away from tennis means you dont want to try anything "stupid" and make yourself injured for the upcoming 500 and 1000 events.

so, only based on this information gathered from google, it's reasonable enough for the lines to move that much. high chance there are other insights too

nulldah

i got becker @ 5.1 (around +400) at betfair minutes before the match start

another proof that line movement make you confused in tennis...

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Quote Originally Posted by nulldah View Post
    i got becker @ 5.1 (around +400) at betfair minutes before the match start

another proof that line movement make you confused in tennis...
    yep I am done trying to read line movement in tennis. Just looking for value now.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Her serve is what is ultimately gonna lose the match.

nulldah

Her serve is what is ultimately gonna lose the match.
    Just enjoy the match. If not, it can increase your stress level or whatever bad things. Watching woman tennis like watching wnba.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Schiavone ahead a break 4-3 on serve.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Brutal match to watch when your large on it.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Schiavone breaks now finish!

shari91

Brutal match to watch when your large on it.
    Please promise me that you'll never go large on a dinky donk tennis match again. So not worth it because you just never know what's going through players' minds. Especially the women. Save the big plays for the Slams when you know that every single person there actually will give it 100% unless they've been bought.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Please promise me that you'll never go large on a dinky donk tennis match again. So not worth it because you just never know what's going through players' minds. Especially the women. Save the big plays for the Slams when you know that every single person there actually will give it 100% unless they've been bought.
    Yes. I consider myself lucky to get this. Big plays for big matches here on out.