The Expert
    The Expert's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2905

Tennis [16th June]

vs.
    ATP (Aegon International) - 16.06.2010, 18:30 CET
    Single Dime (3 units): Nicolas Almagro (ESP) - Denis Istomin (UZB)
    I'm definitely surprised by the odds in this match-up because I'm simply not buying big hype about Istomin on grasscourt. He certainly deserves some credit after successful Aegon Championship event, where he won against Baker and Brown, winning a set against Nadal later, although it wasn't as impressive as it's at first sight. First of all Spaniard wasn't in best form and looked exhausted after winning Roland Garros, so Istomin simply had to put solid serves and was holding games easily - still, he wasn't playing anything spectacular. His dominance in earlier matches were visible, however opponents were mediocre. Denis is still quite inexperienced player, who's drifting between 50th-100th places in the rankings and I'm not rating him as consistent player - on the other hand Almagro is proven in the circuit, being in the Top30 for extremely long time (with some short exceptions). I'm also convinced that he's always underrated outside claycourt - he surely like to play on this surface and it's his best, although with powerful shots (especially brilliant backhand) and huge serve he's dangerous for everyone also on hardcourt and grasscourt. He was rock solid in Roland Garros (reached quarter-final) and I expect him to continue playing well; he's also 9-4 on hardcourt, which is impressive, considering the fact he's theoretically claycourter. He won in straight sets yesterday against serving well Kubot, so he ought to be at least slight favorite to win this one. It's his first grass appereance, so he needs some preparation before Wimbledon and will be surely playing with highest effort.
    3 units (Single Dime) on Nicolas Almagro (ML) (@ 2.110 Pinnacle)

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

I agree 100%

JW Cash
    JW Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!

OK...i am on this pick all the way....