BET THE HOOK
    BET THE HOOK's Avatar Become A Pro!

Na Li Match today

I am so pissed that I cant stand it at 5Dimes for grading Na LI as a loss today. At worst it should be no action. I needed her to close out 3 parlays and they graded it as a loss. Na Li won the 1st set and retired and never started the 2nd set so she forfeited the match thereby losing even though she was winning. I feel like I got the shaft really bad. Did anybody else get ripped on this one too?

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Those are pretty standard rules though for tennis bets at books that require a set for action. Doesn't matter the circumstances, whomever plays the next day is the winner. Sucks that someone can win a match like that, but it happens in tennis.

UpsetSpecial09
    UpsetSpecial09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 58

Just another reason not to take huge favorites especially in these smaller tournaments and also not to include the same heavy favorite in more than 1 or 2 parlays. I have learned this lesson the hard way myself.

I really consider these small tournaments right before the majors in tennis very similar to golf. Players are trying to perfect there game ,not concerned necessarily with winning and are also just trying to stay loose and in shape for the big tournament the following week.

Also The Greek requires 2 sets for action on all head to head wagers, there odds are not as good usually as 5 Dimes though. Honestly, players retiring can work either way for you or against depending on the bet so its really tough to call.

chikenkiwi2
    chikenkiwi2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

yes, i do not like the way 5 dimes grades tennis wagers. That would be a no action at bodog also.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

As much as I feel ripped off at times, it's times like this that I really appreciate the fact that one of my books grades all retirements a push no matter when the match is called or who is winning. And I do agree with Upset, you're almost better off playing the dogs in these tourneys than relying too heavily on the favourites to pull through. Look at Lopez yesterday - retired down 5-4 in the 3rd.

Fred Showpan
    Fred Showpan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

Hey why she retire yesterday? Looked like she played pretty good first set winning the tiebreak? Usually that's motivation to dominate second set - what happento her?

tarantula
    tarantula's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3565

play on bookmaker my friend when betting on injured players
    li na had something on her knee in the previous final

Foggy
    Foggy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I played this beautiful 55:1 parlay on the wrong book and got just partial credit because of the 2nd set Kirilenko retirement yesterday.

I think that would have been full credit at 5dimes since Flipkens won the first set.

TomaCro
    TomaCro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Flipkens today also seems like a nice bet

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Would love to know why LI retired,casue I was thinking of betting her to win wimbledon..She coming on strong,but after the retire,is she really hurt?

Foggy
    Foggy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Knee troubles. Don't know how bad.

Bigpete2010
    Bigpete2010's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanks for info...........