hush-hush
    hush-hush's Avatar Become A Pro!

FYI: Weather conditions

It won't be a sunny day today, rain can be expected.

Of course this will influence Nadal's and Söderling's play as the court is going to be slower than normal conditions. I think that this will be an advantage for Söderling. Nadal's most important weapon, his top spin, will not be that effective due to the "heavy" ground. But in contrast, Söderling now will have more time to place his powerful shots. Don't know how Nadal will handle this, but the conditions benefits the Swede than Nadal.

Anyway, I really like the over in 1st set which my bookie offers. Nadal is a real fighter and Söderling has an incredible serve. This play should hit easily.

Best of luck, whatever you play.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Everyone is saying it benefits Soda and I don't see anyway that it does. Soda and Fed are the only two that can deal with Nadal's spin to begin with because they can hit forehand winners taking the ball from above their shoulder. The height don't make a difference to SOd.

On the contrary, Sod groundstrokes will be much weaker off the bounce and Nadal will have more time to pick his spots. Also, Sod's serve won't be as much a factor as people think because Wet courts slow the ball down a lot especially coming off serves.

Advantage Nadal

hush-hush
    hush-hush's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't think that these conditions will be particularly advantegeous for Nadal, but I also don't see these conditions influence their play that much. Won't be such a big suprise if Nadal wins, but I personally don't like the given odds, so over 9,5 seems like a good bet to me.