Gaze73
    Gaze73's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1192

Chardy retired due to vax

“Since I got my vaccine, I have a problem, I have a lot of problems. As a result, I can’t train, I can’t play,” Chardy told AFP.

Safest vaccine in history.

Gaze73

At least they didn't suspend his twitter for misinformation. Edit: It's because he didn't post about it there.

stepaside777
    stepaside777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5274

crazy

OVAKUL
    Next up: Terrible Odds Teaser
    OVAKUL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8357

Was he forced to do it?

Gaze73

No, AFAIK tennis players are not required to do it. Djokovic won't take it for example.

super mario 48
    super mario 48's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 290

Quote Originally Posted by ovakul View Post
    was he forced to do it?
    he wanted to be good citizen

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20397

So the protected want to be protected from the unprotected by forcing the unprotected to get the protection that doesn't work for the protected. Ok, got it.

Jeff_Black
    Jeff_Black's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5068

Quote Originally Posted by Gaze73 View Post
    No, AFAIK tennis players are not required to do it. Djokovic won't take it for example.
    Roughly half is the estimate, possibly less, which isn't a surprise. It's unlucky that Chardy took it but did he specify anything in regards to issues? People will feel ordinary right after it and then be fine but if he is having ongoing issues, it's a concern.
    Australian/Victorian Government reckons players wont be able to play without getting one, lol...good luck having that hold up in court. Players will just laugh and have the Australian Open moved to the Middle East. There will be a hell of a fight on their hands. It's much harder to get everyone on the same page then say other sporting bodies.

Especially all the F1/MotoGP guys who are mainly European of which many will be opposed. There will be plenty of problems like there were this year cancelling both Australian races because of the government's incompetence.

If they had common sense it will be no quarantine for fully vaccinated, bubble for those who arent for two weeks. Isn't that what Tiley has promised for months? At some point Australia has to get in touch with the rest of the world and stop being a nanny state like they've kept saying with how they've wanted to do what other countries have done living with Covid.

Jeff_Black
    Jeff_Black's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5068

A leaked email to WTA Players Council (with the likely assumption the ATP received the same one) revealed the conditions for vaccinated and unvaccinated players with vaccinated players subject to the same rules as anyone else entering the country and the freedoms that come with that.

Unvaccinated players will likely do 2 weeks of quarantine, and be subject to more regular testing.

Also qualifying will be held in Australia, and non-mandatory chartered flights will be announced for those who want it.

My guess is the meetings were more positive then the Victorian Government Officials and media made it out to be but I guess this isn't official YET. I'm not totally surprised the media jumped the gun like they usually do.

After the way the Victorian/Federal government bungled things last year the last thing they want to do is screw up two years running. Especially if they want to host other international sporting events later in the year.

I still say good luck hosting the Formula 1 with the above rules in place with the vaccination status of some known, with all the teams that come etc.