PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

ATP/WTA Miami Futures

I am looking at

Zverev 7-1 (good form)
    Raonic 20-1 (nice surface/conditions for him - with his serve will be competitive in every match)
    Isner 70-1 (same as above)
    A. Murray 120-1 (because why not)

The two favorites are Russians:
    Rublev... has he ever won an ATP 1000? Both Russians dealing with major time zone changes. I think they're both pretty weak favorites.

Just going to make a few bets and hope to have at least 1 in play going into final weekend. Any other mens long shots or WTA you like? I'm useless with WTA but I'll tail if someone makes a convincing argument.
    Last edited by PharaohUB; 03-23-21 at 12:02 AM.

stepaside777
    stepaside777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5274

got murray and isner

Cessation
    Cessation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 762

Osaka on hard is always going to be tough to beat.

I figure play a couple on the other side of the draw and hope she crashes and burns before the final.

Sabalenka at $11
    Swiatek at $21

Both have been in good form this year and won tournaments. Swiatek has done better on hard than I thought she would. A lot of the seeds in that top half look pretty vulnerable to me.

The Expert
    The Expert's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2905

I disagree with both Isner/Raonic bets. These slow conditions in Miami definitely does not suit them, therefore I doubt they make a deep run (especially Isner, who struggled at his service games in faster conditions in Acapulco). Murray's draw is tough, so it's wasting money.
    Zverev might win it indeed.
    I'd throw some money on Medvedev to win, as he's got an easy route.

PharaohUB

Quote Originally Posted by The Expert View Post
    I disagree with both Isner/Raonic bets. These slow conditions in Miami definitely does not suit them, therefore I doubt they make a deep run (especially Isner, who struggled at his service games in faster conditions in Acapulco). Murray's draw is tough, so it's wasting money.
    Zverev might win it indeed.
    I'd throw some money on Medvedev to win, as he's got an easy route.
    Hmm. Have the conditions changed? The last two times Miami open happened Isner won it in 2018, and he made it to the finals in 2019.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: pabonaparte

pabonaparte
    bobbywaves aka the chosen one
    pabonaparte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohUB View Post
    Hmm. Have the conditions changed? The last two times Miami open happened Isner won it in 2018, and he made it to the finals in 2019.

Can't wait for an answer from The Expert!

The Expert
    The Expert's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2905

These courts have always been slow (30.4 court pace index back in 2018 year) and I've heard it's even slower this year. I simply wouldn't count on big servers to have any upper hand - they may win if they play great but I'd bet on Bautista or Dimitrov more than Isner / Raonic.

PharaohUB

Quote Originally Posted by The Expert View Post
    These courts have always been slow (30.4 court pace index back in 2018 year) and I've heard it's even slower this year. I simply wouldn't count on big servers to have any upper hand - they may win if they play great but I'd bet on Bautista or Dimitrov more than Isner / Raonic.
    It’s not only about the courts. Weather plays factor too. I think maybe humidity does something to enhance the serve. I am not a doctor but seems big servers have a lot of success here. At least recently. Del Porto was in finals 2017. Semis 2018. Raonic made to quarters where he lost to de Porto. Already went over Isners success. Federer has done well here. Obviously it’s still long shot he hasn’t been in that kind of form that’s why it’s 70-1.

The last 3 finals had a big server. Isner. Isner. Del Porto.
    Last edited by PharaohUB; 03-23-21 at 02:02 PM.

PharaohUB

Andy Murray is out. I am glad I didn’t place my wagers yet.

stepaside777
    stepaside777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5274

shouldve taken isner future mate, he looks good to go only challenge is medvedev after rba

PharaohUB

Quote Originally Posted by stepaside777 View Post
    shouldve taken isner future mate, he looks good to go only challenge is medvedev after rba
    Yup I’ve got isner, raonic , and cilic futures. And been autobetting them every round when an underdog.