arie1985
    arie1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3140

Belarusian Final in Ostrava, Czech Republic: Azarenka vs Sabalenka

On Friday Sabalenka was about to get kicked out by Sara Sorribes Tormo trailing 1 set (6-0) and 4-2 in the 2nd set .... Sara even was several times in A-40 in the 7th game in the 2nd set.

How did Sabalenka manage to get out of this sticky situation? Pretty impressive.

Azarenka had an "easier" cruise, and just recently in Lexington Jennifer Brady easily won against Gauff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bn2UZXHY3k

Sabalenka had a real trouble against Gauff, taking it all the way to a 3rd set tie break.

I think Sabalenka needed more time to get used to the tournament which is about to end...

Sabalenka is definitely playing a great tennis, it's hard to tell which one of them would win... if Azarenka would play the way she did against Mertens she would probably win but the way she did against Sakkari - not sure if this would be enough...

All in all .... what do you think?

justaguy37
    justaguy37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 296

I think the odds are correct I would pass. If you just MUST gamble you really can't bet against Azarenka. Also not a great spot to bet against Sabalenka because she could come out and play in a high gear like against Brady.

Sabalenka did have a longer match yesterday snd played doubles after so she will be a little sore today. I would just pass...

GL!

Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5636

Should be closer than their US Open match.
    Yes, Saba has expended more time and energy on the court, so fatigue could be an issue but I still think the revenge angle gives her at least a set here.
    Prediction: Azarenka in 3 sets.

justaguy37

Quote Originally Posted by Conqueror View Post
    Should be closer than their US Open match.
    Yes, Saba has expended more time and energy on the court, so fatigue could be an issue but I still think the revenge angle gives her at least a set here.
    Prediction: Azarenka in 3 sets.
    Not unreasonable and makes sense!

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

just take the easy azarenka ml

justaguy37

i wouldn't say easy toler...but yes vika "should" get it

jtoler

not easy at all so far, saba motivated aza needs to make her hit a few more balls to produce some fatigue in saba later on and then take over with her class

jtoler

is something going on with aza the facial expressions and lack of movement seems she is a little emotional inside making painful faces now, maybe tweeked something or injury flare up

jtoler

barely moving had a mto but wont retire one of those chicks

jtoler

lol very strange people hate the word fix but I dont understand why you would continue if youre injured and cant move

justaguy37

Don't sweat this loss...There will be so many and better spots down the line.....I decided to go out and play tennis today and watch it recorded since I didn't bet it.....Doing that now:--)