asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30352

Jasmine Paolini +1000?

Does she have a shot against Kiki Bertens?

The surface here looks very slow here and I think this suits Paolini. Bertens has a very good track record on clay but I think she prefers it a bit faster.

Krunic and Gorgodze are total pushovers and I don't read too much into Bertens' dominant wins over them.

Paolini just won a 3rd set tiebreaker over another hard hitter Begu so she hasn't let the pressure get to her. Bertens obviously a big step up in class but I think hometown player can give a good battle here.

Paolini to win a set is about +280

Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5624

Bertens is evolving into the Nadal of the WTA. Paolini, despite playing at home, has no shot against Bertens on clay.

I'm looking forward to Bertens winning the next Roland Garros grandslam.
    Last edited by Conqueror; 07-26-19 at 08:27 PM.

asiagambler

Takes 2nd set 6-1

Can she get the upset?!

asiagambler

Live Odds

Bertens -225
    Paolini +162

asiagambler

Well it was a good effort

DavidGoliath5003
    DavidGoliath5003's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3319

Lol home town set fix

asiagambler

Well you can say it's not really even home town since Paolini is from some place called Castelnuovo di Garfagnana which is in Northern Italy and about as far away from Palermo as you can be in the country.

DavidGoliath5003
    DavidGoliath5003's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3319

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    Well you can say it's not really even home town since Paolini is from some place called Castelnuovo di Garfagnana which is in Northern Italy and about as far away from Palermo as you can be in the country.

Ok, bertens tossed a set. I suppose that sounds better

asiagambler

Very slow in Palermo, don't think this is ideal at all for Bertens. I think Badosa has a reasonable chance now as Paolini did.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

saw paolini in vancouver 2 years ago.

i was very impresssed. i thought she just hammered the ball from both sides, albeit from way behind the baseline.

she beat madison brengle there in vancouver. i was shocked at brengles game. other than her forehand, it was like watching a good player at the local park..... but lo and behold, brengle had beaten serena at wimbledon a couple of months earler........ (hope i have chronology right, the general idea is correct)...

is paolini just too small?

asiagambler

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    saw paolini in vancouver 2 years ago.

i was very impresssed. i thought she just hammered the ball from both sides, albeit from way behind the baseline.

she beat madison brengle there in vancouver. i was shocked at brengles game. other than her forehand, it was like watching a good player at the local park..... but lo and behold, brengle had beaten serena at wimbledon a couple of months earler........ (hope i have chronology right, the general idea is correct)...

is paolini just too small?
    Yes her small stature is a handicap but she does strike the ball very well which is why she's best suited for clay right now. An obvious comparison is Sara Errani.