RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_Guest_Pro View Post
    No. Should go off of amount of viewers. If women's gets more viewers then should get more. This is given that the buy in fees for the tournament or identical
    wrong

it needs to go off what advertisers pay for ads

its similar, but very different

price is right has a decent audience...noone is bidding to sell trampolines, its only the scooters

everyone gets paid from advertisers

icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6518

Men get 100% of all the testicular and prostate cancers. In the name of fairness and gender equality we need women to step up and get that number down to 50%. Then we can worry about equal pay.

Also I believe the % of men that die while serving in the military is quite a bit higher than it is for the broads.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by icon View Post
    Men get 100% of all the testicular and prostate cancers. In the name of fairness and gender equality we need women to step up and get that number down to 50%. Then we can worry about equal pay.
    Fair to say woman typically get all the breast cancer tho.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by MrSink View Post
    compared salaries for NBA and WNBA and I was suprised how big is the gap. However tennis should be closer , they are bringing some attention.
    Nobody gives a shit bout wnba, they lucky they even get paid.

icon

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Nope, men get breast cancer too, just not as common.

Bottom line though is that I'm making fun out of all the gender equality nonsense.

Women have achieved equality under the law and are treated as such. The truth is we are not equal in ability and never will be. Thats why the US womens soccer team agreed to the inequality by playing in the much inferior WOMENS tournament instead of playing against the best teams in the world.

Also, these fukks want equality in everything which is communist. Why is the minimum wage not the same in California as Arkansas? Its endless.

Men always have done the heavy lifting in the world to make it what it is today. Now the broads come along and want to be equal. I say get the fukk outta here with that shit.

RudyRuetigger

the nfl has breast cancer awareness

where is testicular cancer awareness?????

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by icon View Post
    Nope, men get breast cancer too, just not as common.

Bottom line though is that I'm making fun out of all the gender equality nonsense.

Women have achieved equality under the law and are treated as such. The truth is we are not equal in ability and never will be. Thats why the US womens soccer team agreed to the inequality by playing in the much inferior WOMENS tournament instead of playing against the best teams in the world.

Also, these fukks want equality in everything which is communist. Why is the minimum wage not the same in California as Arkansas? Its endless.
    I hear ya. Like I said this one pretty easy, pro sports you get paid based off what they make off you. I’d imagine soccer and tennis much closer than sports nobody wants to see woman play like basketball. I don’t have any idea the numbers tho, obviously if they bringing in as much they should be paid as such, if not they shouldn’t.

icon

I hear ya. Like I said this one pretty easy, pro sports you get paid based off what they make off you. I’d imagine soccer and tennis much closer than sports nobody wants to see woman play like basketball. I don’t have any idea the numbers tho, obviously if they bringing in as much they should be paid as such, if not they shouldn’t.
    I just get tired of the nonsense and deception. The US Womens team doesn't want equality, they want more money but have no other argument than "the men make more". If USA mens soccer salaries were cut to the same pay as what the broads make they still wouldn't be happy even though they are specifically asking for equality.

Its a mans world, always will be. Lifes a bitch and then you die.

RudyRuetigger

us men make 9% of total revenue in world cup

us women make 13% of total revenue in world cup

FACT

if we want to talk equality, how about raising the mens pay

icon

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    us men make 9% of total revenue in world cup

us women make 13% of total revenue in world cup

FACT

if we want to talk equality, how about raising the mens pay
    When these broads are having an "equality" tantrum the last thing they want to deal with are facts.

Maybe if the US Soccer lesbians were smart they would hire someone to negotiate a better deal/contract before the next Womens World Cup of (2nd rate) Soccer begins instead of complaining/whining after the fact.

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

They can chirp all they want. The only way they get more $$$ in these sports is to keep chirping and showing up on all these shows.
    Now they have a voice.

BUT, to get more $$$, the product has to make more $$$. Beaver Ball?? GTFO ahere. Chick Golf. Like worth 17.25% a PGA event.
    If the US Woman World cup team decided to boycott for equal pay...hmm. Would the billionaire TV execs give a fukk? No. Simply, no.

Woman do have a much easier time selling their bodies. Men paying for it. See Bob Kraft.

Jeff_Black
    Jeff_Black's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5068

Nobody gives a shit bout wnba, they lucky they even get paid.
    Would be interesting to know how popular women’s events would be if they had their own seperate tournaments for everything instead of piggybacking off the Men’s events for slams Masters etc.

Think they would get a rude awakening tbh.

If I am not betting on a women’s match in a minnow tournament I have zero interest in it.

There is a reason why the winners purse for smaller events is like half and dumbarses like Serena who keep fighting for equality don’t realise it

icon

Trump is going to make American women very happy when he creates the US Department of Homeland Equality.

Its duty will be to make sure everything within the country is equal, ALWAYS. 50/50 forever, anything other than 50/50 will be illegal and subject to removal.

MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4888

To sum things up , noone showed single valid point why tennis saleries should be equal. not a single one

icon

To sum things up , noone showed single valid point why tennis saleries should be equal. not a single one
    A valid assumption given the facts.

RudyRuetigger

you should check a forum that has anti-vaxxers then get back to us

sbr isnt a stupid group...there are plenty way worse

infact i think players talk is actually pretty smart when it comes to real world knowledge

2daBank

Umm. There only one valid answer and I made it. Pay should be based off what the sport earns. Since I don’t know what the woman or men bring in I dunno if they should be paid equal. There no other argument to be made. Pay should only be equal if they bringing in equal amount of dollars. They should be making a equal percentage of the pie no matter what size that pie is.

MrSink

they are not bringing same amounts and this is clear .

Naturally I agree with all you said . Thanks for input guys !

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_Black View Post
    Would be interesting to know how popular women’s events would be if they had their own seperate tournaments for everything instead of piggybacking off the Men’s events for slams Masters etc.

Think they would get a rude awakening tbh.

If I am not betting on a women’s match in a minnow tournament I have zero interest in it.

There is a reason why the winners purse for smaller events is like half and dumbarses like Serena who keep fighting for equality don’t realise it
    I think women's tennis and soccer could possibly make more money than US men's. I think the men might be in for a rude awakening if they had separate tennis events. US Men's tennis is non existent and the men's soccer team usually loses. Who wants to follow that shit?

Why shouldn't Serena fight for equality? I've watched her play more than any other tennis player in the last decade. Fuk the men.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Umm. There only one valid answer and I made it. Pay should be based off what the sport earns. Since I don’t know what the woman or men bring in I dunno if they should be paid equal. There no other argument to be made. Pay should only be equal if they bringing in equal amount of dollars. They should be making a equal percentage of the pie no matter what size that pie is.
    Totally correct. If I have a salesperson who makes my company 5 million a year, and one who makes my company 1 million a year, guess who is getting paid the most? The last company I ran had 5 employees. 3 males, 2 female. One lady was Hispanic. I had no blacks working for me. The lady who was hispanic sold the most product. She got the highest pay. That simple people.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

Quote Originally Posted by hubie69 View Post
    I'm not opposed to equal work for equal pay....However.

Are the women generating the same revenue as the men? The model here is clearly money made by the sport/venue/etc via ad revenue and other streams.

If somebody can show me the women generate the same revenue as men
    for doing the same thing, pay them the same.

I'm not going to pay somebody the same for generating less revenue just because of their genitals. Equal pay for Equal work means just that.
    This is the only thing to consider. Number of sets, level of play, etc. is meaningless. If "A" generates the same revenue in 2 sets as "B" does in 5 pay them the same. Period.

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Totally correct. If I have a salesperson who makes my company 5 million a year, and one who makes my company 1 million a year, guess who is getting paid the most? The last company I ran had 5 employees. 3 males, 2 female. One lady was Hispanic. I had no blacks working for me. The lady who was hispanic sold the most product. She got the highest pay. That simple people.
    unfortunately you are a goddamn janitor so this scenario doesnt count

but i agree with your hypothetical scenario

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Womens final was less than 1 hour. Mens final was almost 6 hours. The women made more per hour than the men.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I think women's tennis and soccer could possibly make more money than US men's. I think the men might be in for a rude awakening if they had separate tennis events. US Men's tennis is non existent and the men's soccer team usually loses. Who wants to follow that shit?

Why shouldn't Serena fight for equality? I've watched her play more than any other tennis player in the last decade. Fuk the men.
    Serena is nothing more than a big fat overstuffed pig. The ONLY thing that counts is who is paying the money and how much. If you think that the women take in more than the men do, you are f**king crazy, but we all know that.

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Womens final was less than 1 hour. Mens final was almost 6 hours. The women made more per hour than the men.
    thanks for crunching the numbers bro

we couldnt have done it without you

fukkin jerkoff

MrSink

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    This is the only thing to consider. Number of sets, level of play, etc. is meaningless. If "A" generates the same revenue in 2 sets as "B" does in 5 pay them the same. Period.
    the thing is they are not making same revenue . whats more they are not making same per minute if you would consider much shorter period of work . this is just not even close . thats the whole point. you explained how model works not actual scenario

MrSink

So , informations are from 2017 . However due to even bigger competition in Men's 4th-10th spot and lack of reliable Women icon like Sharapova the differences are even bigger nowadays.

Regarding tickets :

The ticket price disparity is even greater at Wimbledon, where the cheapest seat for the men’s final is going for £3,750 on Stubhub compared to just £960 for the women’s final. Stubhub and other secondary resellers also show a stubborn ticket price gap for the quarterfinal and semifinal rounds, where the men’s days go for three to four times what the women’s days are priced at.

Regarding TV ratings :

The men also typically draw higher TV ratings, even in the United States, although Serena has won 17 majors since 2004 while no American man has won even one during this time span. Ratings for the men’s final at this year’s French Open on NBC were 45 percent higher than for the women (1.6 million average versus 1.1). U.S. ratings for the Federer-Nadal Australian Open final this year were 19 percent higher than for the Serena-Venus final, and more than double, 4.4 million versus 1.7 million in Australia.
    The ratings gap for American audiences at this year’s Miami Open was 48 percent, while at last year’s U.S. Open it was 13 percent. Last year’s men’s Wimbledon final attracted 9.7 million viewers in the United Kingdom, with the women’s final at just 4.3 million. According to statistics compiled by the BBC, 395 million fans watched WTA Premier events on TV and online in 2015, compared with 973 million for Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) events.

Jeff_Black

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post

Jeff_Black

Yup

Federer most especially and Nadal could be seeded 29 and 30 and still be on Centre Court at all the big events because of who they are.

That alone says enough.

MrSink

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_Black View Post
    Yup

Federer most especially and Nadal could be seeded 29 and 30 and still be on Centre Court at all the big events because of who they are.

That alone says enough.
    no need to look far . instant example. this years choice was to put Nadal on the centre court in absolutely unilateral match in 2nd round instead of ranked no1 Barty .

Jeff_Black

Hah yeah

Had to laugh at Nadal being forced to defend the tournaments decision to do just that

gaebiskon
    gaebiskon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5062

no, it's a disgrace

DavidGoliath5003
    DavidGoliath5003's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3319

This is an absolute Joke.... best of 3 against best 5... no, men should earn way more. Nobody wants too see 30+ broken serves in a 5 set womens match.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3495

Or even Colon cancer, my grandad died of it.

icon

Women and children first.
    Men are disposable.

First 123 Last