Gaze73
    Gaze73's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1192

Retirement rules are so stupid

Don't know how other bookies have it but on Pinnacle if at least one set is completed your ML bet wins if you bet against the retired player, no matter the score. Yet, for some goddamn reason, set and game handicaps on dogs get voided no matter the score. So I was just on Fritz +1.5 sets which got voided, but Fritz ML @6.2 won, isn't that the stupidest betting rule in the world?
    Last edited by Gaze73; 04-16-19 at 05:26 AM.

Poisec
    Poisec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3225

I don't like the fact that Pinnacle voids a set handicap bet in this case, I know that Marathonbet will pay out in a case like this.

Pinnacle will also void an Over 22 games bet, in case of 7-6, 6-7, 5-0 Ret.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Lots of variation in books retirement rules gives us an advantage being able to pick and choose.

But every book voids handicaps on a retirement as far as I know.

The only exception I am aware of is Bet365, who will still grade them as long as they could not have lost if the match played out naturally.

Gaze73

I think most books pay out the set handicap. Still, there is absoutely no logic behind paying out MLs and not handicaps. Either void both or pay out both. I don't know whose brilliant idea was to grade it like that.

Poisec
    Poisec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3225

Quote Originally Posted by Gaze73 View Post
    I think most books pay out the set handicap. Still, there is absoutely no logic behind paying out MLs and not handicaps. Either void both or pay out both. I don't know whose brilliant idea was to grade it like that.
    Actually it would even be more logic if they void the match, but pays the set handicap. I mean I am sure they pay the bet on Set 1 winner...

Gaze73

Yes, they do pay set 1 winners, it's a clown world.

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW
    Grivas_Digeni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23436

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Lots of variation in books retirement rules gives us an advantage being able to pick and choose.

But every book voids handicaps on a retirement as far as I know.

The only exception I am aware of is Bet365, who will still grade them as long as they could not have lost if the match played out naturally.
    Had Tsonga in a bet365 parlay. Was surprised to see it Void not loss.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Tends to balance out. I've had lots of unders voided because of a third set ret :-)