PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

Why is Ferrer retiring?

The guy has still got it and he clearly has passion for the sport. It's probably his wife/kids? He should know better at 36 than to listen to that nonsense. He's got a couple years left in him.

I will miss this guy, probably more than when Federer and Nadal retire. I've been making money on this guy and enjoying his matches for a decade now.

DavidGoliath5003
    DavidGoliath5003's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3319

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohUB View Post
    The guy has still got it and he clearly has passion for the sport. It's probably his wife/kids? He should know better at 36 than to listen to that nonsense. He's got a couple years left in him.

I will miss this guy, probably more than when Federer and Nadal retire. I've been making money on this guy and enjoying his matches for a decade now.
    Because he isnt good enough anymore... not for the Level he likes anyways. You can tell by his ball depth, it gives the opponent that extra time to hammer a winner. If he had a larger serve he probably would stick around a bit longer

Jeff_Black
    Jeff_Black's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5068

Yeah a few injuries have slowed him down, and by his own standards he probably would want to be a guy who can compete to make it to the QF of slams and other tournaments and not just be content with winning a couple of matches. Unfortunately the game passes you by at some stage, could have happened much earlier but he hung on. Lasted well and long enough in comparison to a few other guys who retired sooner.

Him doing a few nice things in tournaments is probably the adrenaline rush of knowing it'll soon all be over. He is probably glad he doesn't have to continue doing this till November if his body is telling him not to.

Heck of a career for a guy who played a lot of high percentage tennis, which explains his poor record against the Big 3.

Will miss him and his professionalism/gentleman like nature when he stops playing.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Guys like Ferrer play to win.

He knows he can't beat the big 3.

It's funny. For years I've been hearing about how all these "young and talented" kids were gonna take Fed, Nadal's and Djoker's throne. Lmao. Same shit in every sport. Never fukkin happens, until the legends actually retire.