tekes1550
    tekes1550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Greatest player of all time?

Who is the greatest tennis player of all time AND WHY?
    Last edited by tekes1550; 01-31-19 at 09:45 AM.

ThinkingTrip
    ThinkingTrip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

When he was in form and playing his best tennis, the greatest tennis player for me is Stanislas Wawrinka. His game and playstyle was beaty and perfection to me. Raw power in its purest form.

Jeff_Black
    Jeff_Black's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5068

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkingTrip View Post
    When he was in form and playing his best tennis, the greatest tennis player for me is Stanislas Wawrinka. His game and playstyle was beaty and perfection to me. Raw power in its purest form.
    It's a shame we only saw that for 3-4 games a year though

Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5674

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_Black View Post
    It's a shame we only saw that for 3-4 games a year though
    Exactly. Capable of beating anyone on his day. But how many times does he live up to that?

Jeff_Black

Quote Originally Posted by Conqueror View Post
    Exactly. Capable of beating anyone on his day. But how many times does he live up to that?
    His French Open against Djokovic and AO Final against Nadal until Nadal started feigning injury because he was losing was some of the best tennis I've seen him play and a notch below that was his AO R4 and QF matches against Djokovic that he won and lost. I would say it's up there with the best tennis I've seen the big three play but like you said when it representations a tiny fraction of your games it's not really good enough.
    I mean he has the titles so good for him.

DavidGoliath5003
    DavidGoliath5003's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3319

I once saw Djokovic demolish federer at the AO i believe it was 2016. Just a beating

Jeff_Black

Yeah that’s in some of my top Djokovic performances. Same as when he handed Nadal a beatdown in their Wimbledon final. This was against a Nadal coming off three straight slam wins which made it more impressive
    But this AO Win is up there too. Up there with Nadal and Federers winbledon final