2019 Mens Australian Open - early odds

Djokovic 2.32
    Nadal 8.4
    Federer 7.6
    Zverev 10.5
    Cilic 25
    Khachanov 30
    Del Potro 46

I wish Zverev's odds were a bit higher than that, he struggles in slams but he is getting there, and his win at the ATP finals could be a big confidence boost.

Federer's odds are too low IMO, he looks done.

Surprised to see Khachanov with a better chance than Del Potro

DavidGoliath5003
    DavidGoliath5003's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3319

Zverev will start to prioritize Slams now...he slacked in slams because he burned himself out during all the masters 1000 runs. He needs to schedule the year better imo

Always remember the Aus Open is extremley difficult on the bigger players guys (6’5- 6’11) the heat just drains them.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by DavidGoliath5003 View Post
    Zverev will start to prioritize Slams now...he slacked in slams because he burned himself out during all the masters 1000 runs. He needs to schedule the year better imo

Always remember the Aus Open is extremley difficult on the bigger players guys (6’5- 6’11) the heat just drains them.
    Zverev is at the stage even at his young age where he's going to be labeled a bust/choker if he doesn't win a slam in 2019 or at least make a final or 2 IMO.
    Winning the 1000's is nice and he always has a great record throughout the year, but his training and focus definitely went down a notch last year. I think a lot of it's from banging chicks and too much social media/superstardom.
    Hopefully he regains his focus this year to where I saw it in the past. I have said since day 1 he needs a coach other than his dad. We'll see if Lendl makes him take his game to the next level and he can get him to play hard every tourney.
    If he does, 2019 is going to be a great year for the top 4 or 5 to do battle against each other.

DavidGoliath5003
    DavidGoliath5003's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3319

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    Zverev is at the stage even at his young age where he's going to be labeled a bust/choker if he doesn't win a slam in 2019 or at least make a final or 2 IMO.
    Winning the 1000's is nice and he always has a great record throughout the year, but his training and focus definitely went down a notch last year. I think a lot of it's from banging chicks and too much social media/superstardom.
    Hopefully he regains his focus this year to where I saw it in the past. I have said since day 1 he needs a coach other than his dad. We'll see if Lendl makes him take his game to the next level and he can get him to play hard every tourney.
    If he does, 2019 is going to be a great year for the top 4 or 5 to do battle against each other.
    Yeah i agree. I didnt think of the young guy partying and doing what he wanted from day to day, you are probably right tho. Zverev came to mind for me when it comes to the next big stars.

I still think Shapovalov could be our next left handed Federer. Kid has swagger

good to see you back Benny
    Points Awarded:

BennyBigNuts gave DavidGoliath5003 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by DavidGoliath5003 View Post
    Yeah i agree. I didnt think of the young guy partying and doing what he wanted from day to day, you are probably right tho. Zverev came to mind for me when it comes to the next big stars.

I still think Shapovalov could be our next left handed Federer. Kid has swagger

good to see you back Benny
    Tyty I'll check in from time to time in the tennis forum.
    Shaps return game is too trash still, I know he's young but he's missing lots of pieces. The backhand is still way too inconsistent. he quits a lot also.
    I love shaps fire and attitude, but not so sure about him like everyone else is yet. I'm rooting for him though without a doubt.

I'd give Tsitsapas a slight edge between the 2 of them right now. Also struggles returning but showed me a lot and had some big wins and looks like he's going to be an all-surface threat.

Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5700

Thinking one of these two could win a GS in 2019:

Tsitsipas
    Zverev (Andy).

Don't forget, Djokovic will win at least one GS. That leaves a maximum of three GSs to the rest of the field.