When is the tennis action

I mean like what days or times generally

like for example football
    Thursday night is a few games
    Saturday all day and night full card
    Sunday all day and night full card
    Monday night a game or two
    sometimes Wednesday has a game or two in the night

when does tennis have action generally, I mean action people bet on, I know there are tons of games everyday, but I mean popular get bet action things

thanks in advance

Mucak77
    Mucak77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Well usually tourneys are from mon till sun. Now the season is going towards the end, most players are on vacations, making plans for next season, recovering etc.
    There are still some itfs, challengers and the 2 final tournaments, next gen and london, davis cup.

Once the season starts again, usually you have most matches in 1st and 2nd round of the tourneys (mon, tue, wed..).
    Fri, sat, sun you have less matches because tourneys are ending but you have seen the remainging players in action at least 2-3 times that week and can better guess their state, form, motivation etc.

Then again on fri/sat qualies for the next tourney begin (if your are betting qualies).

danshan11
    I am good at coin flips, I really am!
    danshan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2888

thanks what are the major bet leagues?

DavidGoliath5003
    DavidGoliath5003's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3319

Lol

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by danshan11 View Post
    thanks what are the major bet leagues?
    There aren't any leagues like soccer. It's just tournaments all run by the same two organisations

danshan11

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    There aren't any leagues like soccer. It's just tournaments all run by the same two organisations
    I am just trying to find out which organizations or what things do people bet on mainly.

Mondays Challengers and pre matches for UTA or whatever type info.

DoctorDune
    DoctorDune's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 652

I am just trying to find out which organizations or what things do people bet on mainly.

Mondays Challengers and pre matches for UTA or whatever type info.
    Check out the ATP/WTA Live Score app. It has tournament calendar and schedule for each tournament (once it comes out, just prior to tournament starting and throughout the active tournament).

danshan11

I was looking at betfair tennis page but it has tons of stuff and I dont see any volume for most of that stuff, how do I find the stuff that has volume? and thanks for the replies

Wesley
    Wesley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6293

Man, the season is over...there are 4 Grand Slams and tons of Majors every year...they will have enough volume to bet on it @betfair

First Grand Slam of the new season starts on January 14, 2019

danshan11

thanks

sunshineSpecial
    sunshineSpecial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5137

You have to familiarize yourself with individual players: how talented they are, how consistent they are, how healthy they are, how shady they are, how sane they are (Benoit Paire) and when they're going on a run (putting the effort in).

A few guys - like Kevin Anderson - go hard all year, most guys are out of shape or injured for half the year. I had some luck with Pouille in 2017, but he took this year off. Guys like Zverev are elite talents, but offer sh1tty odds when you consider how frequently they flame out. Kyrgios doesn't give a fug. Better to focus on lower ranked players who can't afford to coast.

WTA is high risk/low reward. Fragile bodies, and prone to choking. A bit worse than betting on NBA (1.30/3.00).

It's easy to get burnt in 250 tournaments, but I found that even the slams - Wimbledon especially - were a sh1t show this year. More luck with challenger work horses, better odds too.

As far as sure things go, this year Fed fell off and Djokovic returned. Nadal's body is about to implode. Good value 2019 futures: Djokovic: Australian @ 2.37, Wimbledon @ 3.50. Some younger talents level-up every year, need to reevaluate.

I find tennis is best for parlaying with NHL and NFL handicaps.

danshan11

interesting, thanks for the insight!

Poisec
    Poisec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3225

Very difficult sport to bet on, very often you see a guy favorite despite ranked lower than his opponent. Things to consider:
    - surface on which the match is played,
    - even on a particular surface, the conditions can vary a lot from one tournament to another (examples: Miami and Shanghai on hard court, or Madrid and the French Open on clay),
    - the category of tournaments: on the main tour there are 250 points tournaments, 500 points, 1000 points (Masters) and 2000 points (slams) + 1500 points (ATP finals). The motivation can not be the same for all events,
    - fatigue: some players (most players actually) have a hard time physically in back to back tournaments, if they go deep in the first tournament it will be hard for them the following week. A good example is Richard Gasquet, when he reaches the final in week 1, bet against him in week 2, he will lose early.
    I would recommend to bet on Betfair Exchange if you can, and lay short odds, especially inplay.

danshan11

thank you, I really just work numbers I dont care about players or the actual game, I just do the math, I am building a comparative model to try and establish a fair line for a match. Seems fairly straightforward except for some rest adjustments I am not really sure of yet.

sunshineSpecial

thank you, I really just work numbers I dont care about players or the actual game, I just do the math, I am building a comparative model to try and establish a fair line for a match. Seems fairly straightforward except for some rest adjustments I am not really sure of yet.
    As a matter of interest, what are the main factors you're concerned with?

danshan11

really just trying to find when the action is so I am not handicapping markets that are not getting any betting activity.

sunshineSpecial

I think all ATP tournaments have a lot of activity, even the 250s where there's nobody in the stands. They're pretty much playing for the punters. Less than soccer, of course.

It's not something I usually pay attention to. If you get an account at a place like Pinnacle, they tell you the max bet on the slip for each match. This should at least give you a rough indication of the interest in various matches and tournaments (I think).
    Points Awarded:

danshan11 gave sunshineSpecial 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

danshan11

hey, thanks a ton, I will watch the ATP schedule. I have been watching pretty close and I bet ON dominic Thiem today at +168 and it closed at +156 so that is sort of promising but really I need a bit more gap to cover the large tennis margin!