spurginobili
    Llano Estacado
    spurginobili's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21681

Petra Kvitova vs Elise Mertens - Western & Southern Open

Man, I was sweating this match. So many ebbs & flows, it was ridiculous. Kvitova was slightly favored @ -165, but I was just live betting it.

I glance at the score & Petra is up 5-0 in the first set, so I'm thinking this is pretty much over. I look back a while later & it's 5-5 in the first, so at least it's bettable now. Kvitova regains her form somewhat & closes out the first, but it was a struggle.

Mertens then reels off the first 4 games of the second set & has the mo. I bet her after the 2nd or 3rd game of the set, and then she falls apart. She can't even get her toss right. I'm like WTH. It is now tied 5-5 in the second, but thankfully she pulls it out, so I'm definitely buying back with Kvitova because she now has the mo. (I bet Mertens @ +135 & later Kvitova @ -150) I bought back then said WTH, so added a second bet on Petra for a chance to finish up a little.

Wouldn't you know, Mertens wins the first 2 games of the third. lol Well Petra comes back & wins the next 4 games so I'm feeling pretty good, but she looks really tired out there. Petra closes it out 6-3 after 4 very close, hard-fought games.

It's never easy is it.
    Last edited by spurginobili; 08-17-18 at 10:49 PM.