danwinkler
    danwinkler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Tuesday: French Open Tennis: Some good odds worth the try...

Krystina Pliskova +170 against Serena
    This is the inferior pliskova who is not that great but facing Serena for the first time. Serena hasn't played in clay court since 2016. Partied in the Royal Wedding last week. Motherhood taking up time. Not much practice. Well worth the try on the doggy here. People will be flocking to bet serena at low odds but its a trap.

Ferro +240 against Witthoeft
    Witthoeft is in terrible form and her ranking is misleading. She had a decent run on clay last season, especially 3rd round to french open that gave her 130 points but she is really a player that should be ranked 100 to 150. Ferro is nothing special and is a player outside top 200 but recently she had soem decent outing against some players even though she lost most of those matches. Based on form, Ferro should be around +140, so +240 is nice odds and books are overestimating Witthoeft because they know that lots of people will remember her from last years clay season and will bet her even at these garbage odds.

Fucsovics -2.5 Sets (+110) against Pospisil
    Pospisil is fragile and garbage on clay. Fucsovics is coming off a nice run winning the Geneva open last week and soem may expect a let down but his game is superior on clay and should easily put away pospisil. Pospisil might retire if the game gets out hand but still worth the try.

1 unit on each.

Honeybadger44
    Update your status
    Honeybadger44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Nice bet vs Witthoeft. Situations where public has a wrong perception about certain player can be very profitable if you know how to attack it. Strong find

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW
    Grivas_Digeni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23436

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybadger44 View Post
    Nice bet vs Witthoeft. Situations where public has a wrong perception about certain player can be very profitable if you know how to attack it. Strong find
    Is Harrison worth a bet during this weather delay? Down 0-2

Honeybadger44
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Grivas_Digeni View Post
    Is Harrison worth a bet during this weather delay? Down 0-2
    Huh, tough to say. I actually have him pre-game and I watched both sets. Completly wrong approach, trying to hit through Marterer in this damp and heavy conditions. Allowing german to retrive the ball from 4-5 meters behind baseline and wait for errors.
    If he changes gameplan now and is willing to fight, there might be some trade value with current odds. Maybe he steals this set and gets and early break in 4th and then you got options what to do with that bet.
    But maybe there could be found a better bet, based on momentum shift because of the rain delay. Gavrilova maybe. She's a grinder, her coach always has some good advice during time outs, so I bet they are coming up with some good strategy right now. And Cirstea is one of those streaky hitters, who was definitely hurt by this rain dealy. Because all the momentum she had is gone now.

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW

Huh, tough to say. I actually have him pre-game and I watched both sets. Completly wrong approach, trying to hit through Marterer in this damp and heavy conditions. Allowing german to retrive the ball from 4-5 meters behind baseline and wait for errors.
    If he changes gameplan now and is willing to fight, there might be some trade value with current odds. Maybe he steals this set and gets and early break in 4th and then you got options what to do with that bet.
    But maybe there could be found a better bet, based on momentum shift because of the rain delay. Gavrilova maybe. She's a grinder, her coach always has some good advice during time outs, so I bet they are coming up with some good strategy right now. And Cirstea is one of those streaky hitters, who was definitely hurt by this rain dealy. Because all the momentum she had is gone now.
    Quick break for Gavrilova, she's a hold away from this being a 50/50 match (in bookie's estimation).

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Serena is finished in tennis

fade every tourney

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

get em

danwinkler
    danwinkler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Just need pliskova for the sweep, nevertheless profit in the bag already

HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

well done pal

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Another 2 day old account who will retire in a week after a few days of burials.
    and Hurryupandswallow in here bumping it, what a shock
    Just make sure you know whos wta and atp unlike HURRY.

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW

Nice call on Gavrilova yesterday.

Honeybadger44
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Grivas_Digeni View Post
    Nice call on Gavrilova yesterday.
    Tnx man! I actually had her to win 2nd set at +290. She was 0-2 down in that set, but I saw that covers are coming on the other courts and that there will be rain delay in that match as well. It threw Cirstea off just enough for Gavrilova to take charge.

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW

Question to all you tennis afficionados.

We have Dusan Lajovic vs Alexander Zverev. The former has done ok recently by his standard. The latter is a world-beater this season, threatening every top player he plays and demolishing lesser competition.

I read elsewhere - by a guy who backed Zverev to win a tournament preceding Rome (which he did at +1200) - that he may tire out eventually. That tipster suggested backing Del Potro at big odds since Zverev's odds dropped significantly (he was 'only' +700 to win ATP Rome and, let me remind you, was an in-play favorite vs Nadal at one stage in the final). So the tipster was correct in backing Zverev earlier in the season and incorrect in backing off in the last tournament he played.

So is there a chance Zverev will come down a little bit (in other words, could the tipster be somewhat right about 'getting tired with 'all these matches Zverev played'), especially since he has a very long two weeks ahead of him - undoubtedly in his mind he'll be playing in the semifinal, at the least - or is he likely to demolish Lajovic?

I'm also curious if anyone could give me an estimate of what's more likely:
    A) a tie break in the match
    B) Lajovic winning a set or more

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

I'm no tennis aficionado but I've noticed that Zverev struggles to cover large spreads. He has lazy lapses in his game which is the difference between winning sets 7-6, 7-5 vs 6-3 or more

Lajovic could easily steal a set today

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    I'm no tennis aficionado but I've noticed that Zverev struggles to cover large spreads. He has lazy lapses in his game which is the difference between winning sets 7-6, 7-5 vs 6-3 or more

Here's the first break. Can Lajovic hold?

Honeybadger44
    Update your status

spreads in neighberhoud of +8 are usually reserved for nobodies vs elite guys. So from that point of view, this particular +8 was quite disrespetful for the level of tennis that Lajovic has been producing lately.

HurryUpAndDrink

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post

should have checked my FO thread Shady... Lajovic was +7.5, of course I took it

HurryUpAndDrink

spreads in neighberhoud of +8 are usually reserved for nobodies vs elite guys. So from that point of view, this particular +8 was quite disrespetful for the level of tennis that Lajovic has been producing lately.
    yes, unbelievable... also feel Moutet and Munar were overblown, too high spreads, took all 3 doggies

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

yeah that +8 was shocking to see against Lajovic. Ive watched him all last week, was in good form.

Honeybadger44
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by HurryUpAndDrink View Post
    yes, unbelievable... also feel Moutet and Munar were overblown, too high spreads, took all 3 doggies
    Fantastic job! Hah him on the spread and also took him at +money to win the first set, once he was already break up.

Even thought I had Munar in previous round, I couldn't make a proper estimation on him vs Djokovic, so I skipped.

had my eye on Moutet, but decided to skip as well. Very emotional player. Lots ups and downs, so I'd probably be more comfortable taking him +2.5 sets then games handicap.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post

yeah that +8 was shocking to see against Lajovic. Ive watched him all last week, was in good form.
    Correct. Was great in Madrid prior that a well.

jtoler

Even if Zverev bagels here that would be -7 games the +8 still cashes. Good thing he Lajovic was able to muster 1 game in the 4th.

HurryUpAndDrink

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Even if Zverev bagels here that would be -7 games the +8 still cashes. Good thing he Lajovic was able to muster 1 game in the 4th.
    phew... moutet choked, Lajovic choked but still did some damage so +7.5 still safe...

jtoler

Cornet 2/27 on bps.
    Last edited by jtoler; 05-30-18 at 02:17 PM.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Anyone looking to take a shot on fuscovics tomorrow? Not that fucstikk is that impressive but rather that Edmund is an idiot

sunshineSpecial
    sunshineSpecial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5137

He's also due to underperform.

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW

Zverev getting his hands (and face) dirty. I like his chances going forward.