thelaibon
    thelaibon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

Best Books Specifically for Tennis (US Players)

My first post here at SBR. Been reading for years but finally set up an account.

US player here. I've been betting tennis for years on 5Dimes but am shopping around for other books. I like their reduced juice, but it's only offered at the quarters or later, and their non-reduced tennis lines are pedestrian. Their live tennis odds are awful. And they offer no bonus.

I have 10k set aside in my checking account and would like to drop it all in 1 or 2 books (2 gives better odds options obviously).

The emphasis is on low overrounds under 5% for ATP & WTA. But I also need Challengers covered. Also many books don't cover ATP & WTA qualifiers, and I def need those. Challenger doubles and ITFs are not quite necessary but the option to bet those would be nice (I know the overrounds go up substantially). And live betting options on any would be great.

The other issue is how should I get this money to the book(s)? I can do a wire transfer but this will take 1-2 weeks realistically. BTC is another option, but buying could take 5 business days. Not sure how I feel about ALSO betting on the currency. Lol. Any suggestions? The particular checking account I use (USAA) has low international fees of only 1%, so to "move" 10k would cost only $100, altho I'd have to do in increments most likely, and I'll be on the phone with them all day trying to approve each $500-1000 transaction individually, a real PITA.

Since I'm a heavy bettor and plan on betting long-term with this, bonuses would be welcome since I'll easily meet any such rollover requirements. I realize bonuses usually mean shittier odds, and any pro bettor knows that odds are king. A difference of 1% overround means an expected 1% expected return per bet, which is huge long term.

What are the best options for US bettors with an exphasis on tennis? I do bet baseball, basketball, and football, but 80% of my action is tennis.
    Last edited by thelaibon; 05-15-18 at 03:55 PM.

Honeybadger44
    Update your status
    Honeybadger44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

I think most of them fail when it comes to good live betting options. Big juice, limited offer...

Betonline is decent for tennis, comparing to other US friendly books. Lowest juice for moneyline challenger bets. Everything else are standard 20 cent lines. They do have ml, game handicaps and totals for ATP, WTA and challlengers. ATP and WTA only when it comes to live betting and higher juice (belive it's -115).

Wesley
    Wesley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6293

There is no better book on earth to bet on tennis than bet365..But I'dont know if it is available for US players...

thelaibon

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybadger44 View Post
    I think most of them fail when it comes to good live betting options. Big juice, limited offer...
    Betonline is decent for tennis, comparing to other US friendly books. Lowest juice for moneyline challenger bets. Everything else are standard 20 cent lines. They do have ml, game handicaps and totals for ATP, WTA and challlengers. ATP and WTA only when it comes to live betting and higher juice (belive it's -115).
    Good call. I've bet there before, and you're right, their Challengers are like 3-4% overround for moneylines, and 4-5% for spreads (I mostly bet moneylines). I'd say they have slightly better odds for tennis than 5Dimes overall, but 5Dimes reduced juice is insanely low, it's literally 1-3% overround and NO ONE can beat that.

BetOnline doesn't really offer doubles - not a huge issue tho but would be nice - and no ITF unless it's Davis or Rogers cups. Their live tennis betting is 5-6% overrounds which is pretty good.

I wired them a sizable wire one time and it took 2 full weeks for account to credit, and their customer service was atrocious during that wait. Also, when they credited me, I never received my bonus, nor did they refund me my wire fees which they said they would. I will not go back there for those reasons.
    Last edited by thelaibon; 05-15-18 at 04:04 PM.

thelaibon

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    There is no better book on earth to bet on tennis than bet365..But I'dont know if it is available for US players...
    You're right, unavilable for US players (jealous)

thelaibon

I'm considering 5Dimes, Heritage, WagerWeb. I will closely examine the moneyline overrounds and live options tonight & report back. I don't want to consider BetOnline since I had a terrible experience there and they get a huge F in my book for being completely inconsiderate.

SCI
    SCI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5766

I've looked around quite a bit over the years. There is no better all-around book (that I know of) for US players to bet on Tennis than 5dimes. If you're looking for bet365 quality, you're not going to find it. 5Dimes live betting has much to be desired, but it's the closest to bet365 your going to get in my opinion.

thelaibon

Quote Originally Posted by SCI View Post
    I've looked around quite a bit over the years. There is no better all-around book (that I know of) for US players to bet on Tennis than 5dimes. If you're looking for bet365 quality, you're not going to find it. 5Dimes live betting has much to be desired, but it's the closest to bet365 your going to get in my opinion.
    Thanks for the input! 5Dimes is also very stable and leaves u nothing to worry about. I agree the "Live Ultra" and "Live Extra" betting portals have pretty poor odds (overrounds of 7% usually). I was once told by staff that these are both outsourced to a 3rd party live betting portal which explains the poor odds - 5Dimes probably tacks on 2% overround as a commission. Their live betting found in the regular tennis tree on the main page has better odds but this is available only in bigger matches of course.