slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

Corruption a 'tsunami' at lower levels of professional tennis with the game

Corruption a 'tsunami' at lower levels of professional tennis with the game described as a 'fertile breeding ground' for match-fixing after report costing £15m is finally released

• A report on the integrity in tennis has been released after a two-year study
    • The findings labelled corruption in the lower reaches of the game as a 'tsunami'
    • It admitted that the game was a 'fertile breeding ground' for match-fixing
    • Grand Slam events, such as Wimbledon, are not afflicted with the same problem

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ten...#ixzz5Dh7sY4RX

Not shocked to see this news you see it every week even on the main tour.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

An ex Co worker used to talk about this in the ITF and challenger leagues considering he was one of the players taking dives
    Points Awarded:

semibluff gave shadymcgrady 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

"tsunami" a pretty strong word for a bunch of pampered, grunting and moaning with every shot ball slappers.....

don't see a bunch of people dying in any f'n tennis matches....

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

A fix is a good thing if you’re on
    the right side of it.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Definitely noticed a shift with the advent of crypto, and it was already bad.
    Pay a lot less attention to it because of this and the older generation leaving.

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18983

It's been this way for a long time. This is why books don't like taking sizeable bets on these events. If they see several big bets on the same result it sparks an inquiry.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

There really is nothing new here.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Used to be this bad on the main tour, about ten years ago. They've largely pushed it out, fortunately.

Much, much harder to do the same at lower levels, because they earn so little in prize money. Far easier to bribe someone who's barely scraping a living than a millionaire.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

theyve been saying this same thing for a while now, every year same thing, want to portray theyre on top of things, tanking the same thing in my eyes even when no gambling is involved with the players. so players can tank as long as there isnt a blip in the markets to show no syndicate betting and all is fine I spose. we never hear about ped usage either, nobody using...ever?

sunshineSpecial
    sunshineSpecial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5137

I try stay away from sketchy players when they drop below 1.30 since this is when it becomes worthwhile to underperform. Still, match fixing doesn't bother me as much as players who show up to a tournament and then tank because they have no intention of competing. The absolute worst is when you unwittingly bet on a qualification match, and then your guy throws it because he's already qualified.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47515

we have known this for years.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by sunshineSpecial View Post
    I try stay away from sketchy players when they drop below 1.30 since this is when it becomes worthwhile to underperform. Still, match fixing doesn't bother me as much as players who show up to a tournament and then tank because they have no intention of competing. The absolute worst is when you unwittingly bet on a qualification match, and then your guy throws it because he's already qualified.
    yep to both, few matches the last few days where a player dominated the other player in tourneys like fed cup and another tourney, they play the same opponent like the next day or two and that dominated opponent dominates them exactly like they did before, ive seen that quite a few times before even just a few days ago. the whole quali thing also, i forget if they know theyve already qualified or someone has to withdraw in order for them to become lucky loser, prob both cases not sure.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11860

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    we have known this for years.
    Well now we have a 20 million dollar report telling us what we already knew. They should have just asked me, I would've told them for a hundo.

Underdog5229
    Chillin w/Goat til We Do it Again
    Underdog5229's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1604

I watch a lot of challenger level and low level ITF tennis matches and have seen some questionable things happen from time to time that makes you wonder. ive never seen more 6-0 0-6 7-6 matches before in my life except for low level ITF and challenger series,

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Just bet the dogs!