bsutphi
    bsutphi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 317

WTA Charleston

Cornet -155
    Siegemund +160
    Mchale -120

The WTA's only green clay tournament kicks off today. I really love Christina McHale over zarina diyas. Diyas has been playing very well lately, but she did just retire in Miami. Clay is also her worst surface. On the other hand, McHale's best surface is clay.

Cornet is the play by process of elimination. I wouldn't bet on Kateryna Bondarenka if my life depended on it. She's way too inconsistent. Yes, Cornet is quite inconsistent herself, but I trust Cornet to get the job done.

Siegemund at +160. This line baffles me. She is taking on the young Russian Vikhylyantseva. There appears to be a ton of value on Siegemund at plus money. Usually when this is the case, there's something there I don't know/see, and I end up on the wrong side by a wide margin.

This is a great draw in Charleston with lots of superstars. Should be some great matches later in the week.
    Points Awarded:

richierich25 gave bsutphi 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

flabrah5 gave bsutphi 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

BennyBigNuts gave bsutphi 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Honeybadger44
    Update your status
    Honeybadger44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Money coming in on Vikhlyantseva is probably a result of her performance in past two tournaments. It didn't reflect in her W/L column because she played Goerges and then Venus. But whoever watched those matches, knows what I'm talking about. Siegemund on the other side 9 months out of tennis. Had a kinda warm up tournament in Italy 10 days ago and lost to 265. ranked player in 3rd round.

flabrah5
    flabrah5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2476

I'm on em, laid off Siegmund though.

McHale should cruise. Clay court advantage in the States.

xdodger19
    xdodger19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

Laura can win

flabrah5

Agreed - she can. I didn't lay off bc I thought she'd lose. I just went really hard on Cornet where I didn't want to lay out a week bankroll at 8am on Monday haha.

Lepchenko? Really like the spot. -110 at my book. She owns a H2H solo win at last year's French Open.

Glgl

flabrah5

Great card - keep it up!

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

Nice job. Tailed you on McHale, should have tailed em all!

STAY STRONG
    STAY STRONG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Osaka Motorsports.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

good job young man

flabrah5

Quote Originally Posted by STAY STRONG View Post
    Osaka Motorsports.
    After Lep locked me for a While, I was going to bet Brady. Value was nuts, she owns the 1 game H2H, but Osaka has been on fire.

Tough match, but glad I laid off. Hope you got that W.

bsutphi

Tomorrow's leans:

8656 Ashleigh Barty -230 for Game
    8657 E Vesnina -175 for Game
    8636 S Stosur -260 for Game

Not a lot of great matches on tomorrow, but Wednesday's card looks real solid. Hard to trust any dog's on Tuesday, but I'm looking to place straight wagers on these 3 and a small parlay.

Ashleigh Barty: she has so much talent. I think she'll win several grand slams before all is said and done. The only thing preventing me from taking her at -4 games handicap is Sofia Kenin looked so good in Miami, beating kasatkina and coming oh so close to taking out kvitova.

Vesnina: solid clay court player. If she plays up to full potential, this one shouldn't be close.

Stosur: I really hate betting on stosur because she is so unreliable at times. She has won this tournament before, albeit in 2010. That being said, she's playing kristie ahn and should have enough to win her first round match. Anybody like any other matches Tuesday or disagree with these?

alexalexex
    alexalexex's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 546

What do u think about Linette? Lu tons of errors usually. Like Vesnina but not thrilled with her this year so far.

alexalexex

Stosur looks solid. Lepchenko possibly on game line. Looked at Puig too. What u think?

bsutphi

Quote Originally Posted by alexalexex View Post
    What do u think about Linette? Lu tons of errors usually. Like Vesnina but not thrilled with her this year so far.
    Yes I was leaning Linette, but that one seems too close to call. And I don't know enough about Claire Liu. I probably won't bet it, but definitely would lean with Linette gun to my head.

bsutphi

Lepchenko looked real good yesterday against Petkovic. But tough to say whether she can continue against a much superior opponent. Garcia can be inconsistent at times, but she has much more talent than Varvara. Maybe take the over rather than Lepchenko +4 if you want to go that route. I think that would give you more chances to win in case Lepchenko steals a first set and Garcia takes over and dominates?

flabrah5

Today's card isn't as solid as you said.

Lot of good plays but dang the juice! Might be a pure spectator today.

Do like all three, love playing a clay court player at all times like Vesnina.

Glgl

flabrah5

Def on Vesnina. Owns the two H2Hs with a quick and easy French Open match

I always back a clay player if they have the French h2h.

Glgl!

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by bsutphi View Post
    Tomorrow's leans:

8656 Ashleigh Barty -230 for Game
    8657 E Vesnina -175 for Game
    8636 S Stosur -260 for Game

Not a lot of great matches on tomorrow, but Wednesday's card looks real solid. Hard to trust any dog's on Tuesday, but I'm looking to place straight wagers on these 3 and a small parlay.

Ashleigh Barty: she has so much talent. I think she'll win several grand slams before all is said and done. The only thing preventing me from taking her at -4 games handicap is Sofia Kenin looked so good in Miami, beating kasatkina and coming oh so close to taking out kvitova.

Vesnina: solid clay court player. If she plays up to full potential, this one shouldn't be close.

Stosur: I really hate betting on stosur because she is so unreliable at times. She has won this tournament before, albeit in 2010. That being said, she's playing kristie ahn and should have enough to win her first round match. Anybody like any other matches Tuesday or disagree with these?
    Stosur is 35 years old
    That showed in today's match
    Steroids no longer enough for her
    Laying -260 on her against anyone is bananas in the first place though in her first tuneup clay match of the season to boot
    Can't lay those prices in sports and profit anyway
    If you don't go 3-0 you're buried
    Last edited by BennyBigNuts; 04-03-18 at 12:21 PM.

flabrah5

Vesnina turned it up in the 3rd

bsutphi

8668 A Cornet -145 for Game
    8675 S Errani -170 for Game
    8677 Daria Gavrilova +110 for Game
    8693 E Vesnina -200 for Game
    8669 Kiki Bertens -4½ -105 for Game

These are my plays for tomorrow. Was thinking of possibly parlaying Vesnina and Errani and straight wagers on the rest.

I agree with you Benny on laying heavy juice on multiple favorites. I generally try to parlay a couple of heavy favorites rather than bet them outright in straight wagers. Learned my lesson betting on Stosur. I'm hoping that Errani doesn't suffer the same fate. She's clearly not the same player she was 4-5 years ago. But, I'm trusting she can get it done as she is a great clay court player. Any thoughts on the rest of these?

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by bsutphi View Post
    8668 A Cornet -145 for Game
    8675 S Errani -170 for Game
    8677 Daria Gavrilova +110 for Game
    8693 E Vesnina -200 for Game
    8669 Kiki Bertens -4½ -105 for Game

These are my plays for tomorrow. Was thinking of possibly parlaying Vesnina and Errani and straight wagers on the rest.

I agree with you Benny on laying heavy juice on multiple favorites. I generally try to parlay a couple of heavy favorites rather than bet them outright in straight wagers. Learned my lesson betting on Stosur. I'm hoping that Errani doesn't suffer the same fate. She's clearly not the same player she was 4-5 years ago. But, I'm trusting she can get it done as she is a great clay court player. Any thoughts on the rest of these?
    I don't like any of them except Vesnina so you could have a big day. lol

Gavrilova is a mess right now although that's why you're getting a good price on her here so it's tempting. Shoulda lost to Jabeur. You figure she's due to get it together sooner or later, I'm still waiting to see signs and haven't. PASS
    That's too many games for Bertens to lay against someone as good as Krunic. Both great clay players and Bertens looked like shit in her first round match even though the score card looks like she owned Cepede. Upset alert on Krunic IMO. Overall a PASS but lean Krunic
    Too much juice to lay on Cornet against Hercog, I feel that match should be closer to a pick. Value all on Hercog. PASS but lean Hercog
    Errani is playing well but all the value is on an underrated Buzarnescu in this one. Taking Buzarnescu +145
    Vesnina isn't playing that great either but Townsend is a fat sloppy immobile slob out there and I'm still baffled at what I watched when Watson lost to her yesterday. It was all Watson choking (She was like 4-20 on bp's) and townsend played horrifically but one of those scrubs had to win. More so an easy fade on Townsend then liking Vesnina here. I can't see Vesnina losing.

BOL today

Honeybadger44
    Update your status
    Honeybadger44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Yeah Gavrilova was in trouble vs Jabeur, but that was not the same Jabeur that we watched in first quarter of the season. She actually played well to the point where she had to close the match, but Gavrilova made her work for that and eventually managed to fend her off. Vs Giorgi it's pretty much the same match for her. A lot of big hitting, minus the dropshots. It's never fun playing against that brand of tennis, but players like Gavrilova who are good defenders and has some variety in their game, eventually figure out how to deal with it.

Thinking the same about Bertens. Nothing special lately and Krunic is flying under a radar atm. Not passing on this one, Think there's some nice value with Aleksandra.

Hercog in theory should like these conditions. Has a nice shape on her forehand to build her points around it on clay, and yet this green clay is not that slow to take away free points that she gets of of her serve. But I don't like her form at the moment. Think Cornet wins, but I'm not willing to lay 140 for it.

Speaking of Buzarnescu being underrated. Is she really? I'm not sure. I know that she was in january, but last time I sw her play well was in Qatar and that was middle of february. After that she hit the wall and can't find any rhyhtm since. He main strenght at the moment is that she is still a great mover and can run down pretty much anything, but that's almost a non factor vs Errani, because she's not trying t hit past you anyway.

flabrah5

Cornet and Gavrilova for me.

Cornet owns a significant h2h and I'm not going to read more into it.

Gl to all!

alexalexex

Cornet agreed

alexalexex

Gavrilova is a clown show

flabrah5

She sometimes just gives that 1st set up so easily. Look for her to force it into a 3rd. She loves the Clay. Missed too many break chances but I like how she's faught off 70%.

Still feeling good.

flabrah5

Both of their matches also went 3 sets. I believe the trend will continue.

Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5700

Gavrilova is at +354 live at Bookmaker.

flabrah5

Quote Originally Posted by Conqueror View Post
    Gavrilova is at +354 live at Bookmaker.
    I don't have live but would have slammed that.

alexalexex

I’m hoping my post about Gavrilova is a blessing. Keep pushing Gav!!

flabrah5

Cornet ✔️
    Gavrilova took it to the 3rd with ease

Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5700

Quote Originally Posted by flabrah5 View Post
    Both of their matches also went 3 sets. I believe the trend will continue.
    Called it.

alexalexex

Leaning Osaka. Sigemond is solid on clay BUT has played basically all challengers matches since tearing ACL. This is a fast clay surface and aosaka has a lot of weapons. What do u think?

flabrah5

I'm actually fading Osaka purely as a punt play. She's due for an L and is 0-2 vs Seig. I just like the position, have been waiting and almost took Brady last match.

Nothing more than thinking she is due for a loss, playing a great clay player, and one that has beaten her twice.

flabrah5

Quote Originally Posted by Conqueror View Post
    Called it.
    Too bad they decided to hold every service now. Giorgi is playing out of her mind. Gav can't hit back.

12 Last