pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

Quote Originally Posted by slayer14 View Post
    In his tennis career what should the odds be.
    -50,000?

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5940

I think he's got a few more in him

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Starting to think Federer not gonna hold the record. Think he might only get 2 more max before retirement. That owuld leave him at 22, Rafa will be winning at least 4 more. That leaves him at 23. Maybe 24.

Djokovic should win about 7 more. That would put him around 23.

It'll be close. Djokovic has an advantage because he's gonna be the last to retire.
    Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post

a 32 year old, even with all of the modern medicine and conditioning available in the current times, is going to win 7 more slams?

Goater please stop. Seriously. You are starting to embarrass yourself. Just stop.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

well?

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

Numero 19 for Djokovic

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

greatest ever

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

how many languages does he know?

Allure

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    how many languages does he know?
    Fluent or somewhat fluent

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13502

slayer should be banned for this post

nuxx??
    nuxx??'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5903

Undisputed GOAT.

If he wins Wimbly, does Federer play USO? If he does, it's actually going to be history in the making, crowd hates Djokovic there.

Allure

Where's the OP?

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by nuxx?? View Post
    Undisputed GOAT.

If he wins Wimbly, does Federer play USO? If he does, it's actually going to be history in the making, crowd hates Djokovic there.
    Fed finished guy

zero shot any tourneys

Allure

Federer will NOT win another Grand Slam again, possibly also no major ATP tournament.

Chief Wahoo
    Chief Wahoo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14776

Only fitting for Djokovic to win this after they put he and Nadal on the same side of the bracket. Seeding Medvedev over Nadal was ridiculous.

nuxx??
    nuxx??'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5903

Yeah i agree, Federer is done. But if Djokovic wins Wimbledon, they're all tied 20-20-20 going into USO.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Fed finished guy

zero shot any tourneys
    Yup, you told me Nadal was finished around 2012ish or thereabouts.

I shit on you 8 years ago. You got anything to say there?

jjgold

Yup, you told me Nadal was finished around 2012ish or thereabouts.

I shit on you 8 years ago. You got anything to say there?
    Fed is too old and banged up

Joker greatest player every

He has done things nobody else has done

His resume superior to anyone that ever played

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Allure View Post
    Federer will NOT win another Grand Slam again, possibly also no major ATP tournament.
    Disagree. Fed still will win 1 more major, maybe 2 if lucky. Major ATP tournaments don't mean anything.

Goat Milk

Fed is too old and banged up

Joker greatest player every

He has done things nobody else has done

His resume superior to anyone that ever played
    I don't care about Fed and Joker. The point is you said Nadal was done when he had like 10 titles. You made an embarassing statement 8 years ago, and now it's time for you to own up to it.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7333

I don't care about Fed and Joker. The point is you said Nadal was done when he had like 10 titles. You made an embarassing statement 8 years ago, and now it's time for you to own up to it.
    Jj makes dumb statements every day. He would need months to own up without posting anything else.

Allure

Disagree. Fed still will win 1 more major, maybe 2 if lucky. Major ATP tournaments don't mean anything.
    How many years do you think he has left in the tank?

His only shit at winning a Grand Slam is the upcoming Wimbledon.

Goat Milk

How many years do you think he has left in the tank?

His only shit at winning a Grand Slam is the upcoming Wimbledon.
    Tough to say, i think Federer at 43 will be better than Zverev in his mid 20s. It just depends on how long he wants to play, Federer is still clearly the 3rd best player in the world, it's obvious. But he's lost so many titles to Rafa and Novak, you wonder when his spirit is going to break. Federer doesn't care about getting a semi finals or a finals. He needs the trophy. The moment that he realizes he can't beat those two guys anymore, he will pack it in.

But I envision him as the 2nd best player going into wimbledon, after Novak. Fed will have a chance to win that tournament. I think total, he retires in 1.5 years. I think he has a chance to win every grand slam he competes in.

Federer is different than these young guys because he doesn't grind out points. He ends points very quickly vs. Novak. Chips and charges. Serves and volleys. And he has some wicked speed on his forehand that these other guys just don't have. His problem over the years though has been that has led to a lot of unforced errors.

Allure

Tough to say, i think Federer at 43 will be better than Zverev in his mid 20s. It just depends on how long he wants to play, Federer is still clearly the 3rd best player in the world, it's obvious. But he's lost so many titles to Rafa and Novak, you wonder when his spirit is going to break. Federer doesn't care about getting a semi finals or a finals. He needs the trophy. The moment that he realizes he can't beat those two guys anymore, he will pack it in.

But I envision him as the 2nd best player going into wimbledon, after Novak. Fed will have a chance to win that tournament. I think total, he retires in 1.5 years. I think he has a chance to win every grand slam he competes in.

Federer is different than these young guys because he doesn't grind out points. He ends points very quickly vs. Novak. Chips and charges. Serves and volleys. And he has some wicked speed on his forehand that these other guys just don't have. His problem over the years though has been that has led to a lot of unforced errors.
    Fair enough. While I don't fully agree, i also think he is still the 3rd best. He can certainly win (although I think he won't) another Grand Slam, especially if Joker gets eliminated.

However he will not win Roland Garros. He is not the 3rd best on clay. Some of the younger guys are ahead of him. Also serve and volley doesn't work as well as it does on quicker surfaces.

I'm not a Federer hater, he can win as many as he wants I don't care. It'll also be interesting to see if he even can compete in all Grand Slams. At his age injuries are a factor as well. Even Joker will skip all tourneys and directly go to Wimbledon.

jjgold

Too many good young players now

You have to play unreal to beat Tipsy

Try beating Med on hard courts very hard

Fed and nadal winding down, Raffy had his worst clay season ever

Only two finals out of 5 which of course he won which is still unreal at his age

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6111

Federer doubters say he won at least 10 of his grand slams in a weak era for tennis

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by slayer14 View Post
    Federer doubters say he won at least 10 of his grand slams in a weak era for tennis
    wins are wins but he does not have Jokers resume

Goat Milk

Fair enough. While I don't fully agree, i also think he is still the 3rd best. He can certainly win (although I think he won't) another Grand Slam, especially if Joker gets eliminated.

However he will not win Roland Garros. He is not the 3rd best on clay. Some of the younger guys are ahead of him. Also serve and volley doesn't work as well as it does on quicker surfaces.

I'm not a Federer hater, he can win as many as he wants I don't care. It'll also be interesting to see if he even can compete in all Grand Slams. At his age injuries are a factor as well. Even Joker will skip all tourneys and directly go to Wimbledon.
    For sure, none of those tournaments matter as it relates to legacy. Tennis is going to be a joke when those 3 retire. To see these mid 20s kids in their primes getting slapped by guys who are 35 and 40 years old is an embarassment. We will never witness 3 tennis players in our lifetime again like these 3. Don't be surprised if Federer comes out swinging hard at Wimbledon and just goes for broke.

No one is gonna consistently win Roland Garos vs. Rafa. Rafa is gonna be the favorite again next year, and will probably win next year, and the one after that, too. Nadal has been holding back a lot of power when he plays in these matches. When his fitness starts to dip a little below Novak levels, you're gonna see him change his game to be more offensive and start ending points earlier, because he does have that raw power.

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

Goat

Steamroller
    Steamroller's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5201

There is no way Federer could win the Wimbledon. I mean he couldn't do it against Djokovic in 2019 or even 2015 and 2014 so there's no way he can do it now with all the past injuries and being close to 40 years old. I don't see him even reaching the finals.

Unrivaled
    Unrivaled's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5234

He is done

Fed was always way more talented and better athlete so his comeback was easier

Joker no and does not have the insides to win again

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

I think what separates Djoker from the other two is he’s now won the career grand slam TWICE. Nadal/Federer haven’t done that.

Also, all three arguably are dominant on a particular surface. Djokovic=hard. Federer=grass. Nadal=Djoker. Djokovic is really the only one to invade another guys turf and beat them there. He’s beaten Fed three times now at Wimbledon and Nadal twice at the French. That’s impressive.

And his Wimbledon titles adding up may soon make him the king of grass over Roger.

Unrivaled
    Unrivaled's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5234

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    I think what separates Djoker from the other two is he’s now won the career grand slam TWICE. Nadal/Federer haven’t done that.

Also, all three arguably are dominant on a particular surface. Djokovic=hard. Federer=grass. Nadal=Djoker. Djokovic is really the only one to invade another guys turf and beat them there. He’s beaten Fed three times now at Wimbledon and Nadal twice at the French. That’s impressive.

And his Wimbledon titles adding up may soon make him the king of grass over Roger.
    Djoker is the goat now. He is the best all around surface player of all time.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

well well well

unlearn
    unlearn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15077

This thread hasnt aged well

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 31712

Federer's career ended at Wimbledon 2019. Two match points on his serve for #21 only to choke it away against the player that will almost certainly overtake him

How do you ever recover from that ?

First ... 14151617181920 ... Last