ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

Set betting retirement rule

Had nicelescu +1.5 sets in a parlay on nitrogen. Lost the 1st set in a tie breaker and won the 2nd set easily. My wager is in the bag.

Check back out of curiosity who won the last set and nicelescu was up 3-0 when her opponent retired...according to nitrogen rules this wager will be cancelled!

I don't see how this is fair when the bet was already a winner. The opposite side (nicelescu s opponent -1.5 sets) could not win. After the 2nd set, either player at +1.5 sets could not lose.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Unfortunately it's a rule at 99% of books that sides and totals are void in case of retirement.

Bet365 is the only book I am aware of that pays out on bets like you have there, that could not have lost had the match played out normally.

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

Thanks for the response. I'm in the US so I can't use 365 unfortunately (tho I do use it to follow live betting odds).

It's a crap rule since it has no basis on the outcome of the bet. Rule should be that the set bet should stand if 2 sets are completed (if playing 3 sets).

Why the money line bet stands makes no sense to me if the set bet is going to be cancelled.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

I agree that the bet365 rule is a good one.

But sometimes see complaints from people who don't know about it and find themselves on the losing side too.

The ML is cancelled at Bet365 in case of a retirement btw.

Books tennis rules vary quite widely compared to most other sports. But it can be to our advantage being able to pick and choose the rule that suits the situation best too.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Kind of like in Baseball, if you have over........and the game is already over, and then the rain comes and the game gets called.

Sucks to push on these one's, but it's all a part of the grind.