Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Seriously hate Tennis

Made 3 live wagers this morning for fun.

Petkovic - Loser
    Bouchard after dropping first set at +225. Wins 2nd, then up 2-0 in 3rd, opponent retires - Push
    Basic after dropping first set at +190. Wins 2nd, then up 5-2 in 3rd, opponent retires - Push

So essentially, I make 2 great picks out of 3, and I'm behind.......tennis sucks!

Honeybadger44
    Update your status
    Honeybadger44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Depends. Pinnacle would pay out both of those bets

Nice picks, btw

Regul8er
    Wordd

Pinnacle pays out matches that dont finish, if they were bet live?

Honeybadger44
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    Pinnacle pays out matches that dont finish, if they were bet live?
    Yes, if it is a ML bet and if 1 set was completed. But that is also why they close the market at first sight of someone calling for medical time out, or something similar.

It doesn't fall into your category, but I also had a painful loss this morning. Took Zhang vs Lisicki after 1st set +900, she had 5-1 in third set and still lost the match

Regul8er
    Wordd

Ouch, thats a rough one my dude!!!

But quitting a match down 5-2 in the 3rd set is shady business. Just finish the friggin match off. I hope players dont get paid for retiring.

Honeybadger44
    Update your status

Ouch, thats a rough one my dude!!!

But quitting a match down 5-2 in the 3rd set is shady business. Just finish the friggin match off. I hope players dont get paid for retiring.
    They are paid for participation in respected round. So to the guy who retired, it means nothing that he retired at 5-2 in third, or he lost 6-2. As you said, he should finish the match as a competitior. But you gotta be aware that challenger tour is full of quitters, moaners and excuse makers. That's why some of those guys spend their entire careers playing those small tournaments.
    Djokovic once said that 80% of top 100 players has the talent to get into the top 10, but that it's the mental part that separate the elite players from the rest. And in cases like this, you can see what he was talking about.

Regul8er
    Wordd

For sure.......I wasnt watching, so I dont know if Gabashvili came down with something serious there in the last game, which caused him to retire.

gambleForLife
    gambleForLife's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5015

I had Basic -3.5 and it's gonna be a push. That stupid Gabashvilli retired like 3 times in the last 3 months. Just lose the last game and finish the match with dignity!
    I had a similar situation a couple weeks ago, Fucsovics vs Jaziri Under 21, Fucsovics leads 6-2 5-1, something like that and the idiot decides to retire.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Its funny how whenever I've hope for a retirement, I never get it.

Then when I have a blowout winner, I just have this weird gut feeling that the opponent is going to retire.....and it seems to happen often. I almost don't want my player to go ahead 2 breaks in the 2nd set, because that's generally when it happens. Definately wayyyy more then it ever helps me.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Quote Originally Posted by gambleForLife View Post
    I had Basic -3.5 and it's gonna be a push. That stupid Gabashvilli retired like 3 times in the last 3 months. Just lose the last game and finish the match with dignity!
    I had a similar situation a couple weeks ago, Fucsovics vs Jaziri Under 21, Fucsovics leads 6-2 5-1, something like that and the idiot decides to retire.
    I had Basic just to win at +190 after he dropped the 1st set...........so I was in an absolute golden spot. When the retirement happens, it feels more like a loss then a push...a real punch in the face.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Gabashvili ........... he's been doing this his entire career.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybadger44 View Post
    Yes, if it is a ML bet and if 1 set was completed. But that is also why they close the market at first sight of someone calling for medical time out, or something similar.

It doesn't fall into your category, but I also had a painful loss this morning. Took Zhang vs Lisicki after 1st set +900, she had 5-1 in third set and still lost the match
    Ouch! Stuff like that is why I never bet women's tennis anymore.

I have to relay a women's tennis bad beat I had a couple months ago. McHale was up 1 set and was leading 6-5, 30-30 and her opponent Errani hit a defensive lob out. The lines person said "out" but McHale could have played it had the person not called it out since it was a lob.

The chair called it in. No replay, no review, no nothing. It wasn't at a center court. It was at a side court in some Chinese tournament.

McHale would have gone up 40-30 serving for the match. Instead, she was at 30-40 and lost the game and then the set and eventually the match.

Edit: I just checked McHale's record since that match (it was in Tianjin). She's lost 7 matches in a row since then and during that stretch has only won 2 games. I wonder if she's injured.
    Last edited by QuantumLeap; 01-30-18 at 07:48 PM.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

You got lucky with Bouchard.
    She couldn't win without the back injury happening.
    If that match came to completion without the injury, you had a losing bet.

Honeybadger44
    Update your status

Not necessarily true. After that awful first set she got some advice from her coach and adjusted well to what opponent was throwing at her. Made that match way more competitive. Not saying that she'd win without Zhu agrevating her injury. Just saying that she had a chance

Regul8er
    Wordd

Its bad that every single time my player is getting taken to the woodshed, Im just hoping they keep falling further and further behind in the hopes they might just walk off the court. Never happens......only seems to happen when my player has a commanding lead.

With Zvonareva down 5-1 in the 2nd set, I still have hope shell just walk off the court. Cmon Vera, just quit.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Also, I have Kovalik, and he is clearing laboring, not sure if he's cramping or what.....but the ref even came out to check on him.

But just watch, he will somehow do whatever it takes to finish this match out, lololol.

You'd think I've have enough of this, wouldnt you, haha

Regul8er
    Wordd

Medical timeout now down 1-2 in the 2nd set.....he's got 3 doctors or medical assistant's with him now....dude, your done....just get off the court.

If I can finally get lucky enough here, the crying will stop.

Regul8er
    Wordd

He is continuing, but clearly done.....he's barely even moving around the court right now. Is he actually going to finish off 4 more games?

Regul8er
    Wordd

Stupid errors by Hoang to just hand Kovalik a game, which will keep him going on. Sh!tty, because he has no chance to come back, when he's barely even attempting to run balls down. If Kovalik finishes this out, I'll keep my head out of Tennis Forum, believe that.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Simply amazing. Hoang just hands them over a few games, so Kovalik decides to continue.

The worst kind of loss, just the day after some pretty brutal retirements that went against me. Dont know how you guys deal with this on a consistent basis. I lost a few hundred the last few days, and thats more then enough for me. Its all a coinflip.

Regul8er
    Wordd

OK, I just took Klizan ML at +267 and over 26.5 games, when Guez won the 1st set 7-6, and was tied 2-2 in the 2nd.

Klizan won the 2nd set 6-2, now Guez took a medical timeout. Even if Klizan loses this match, I'm still going to profit about 1.5 units.....if he wins, over 3.

So ALL I need, is for this match to finish. Is Guez going to retire? If he does.......I might have a broken laptop in front of me, lol.

Regul8er
    Wordd

OK, they are back on court....Whoo Hoo.

Guez is moving around just fine, and staying in long rallies. No reason this shouldnt finish.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Simply amazing. Hoang just hands them over a few games, so Kovalik decides to continue.

The worst kind of loss, just the day after some pretty brutal retirements that went against me. Dont know how you guys deal with this on a consistent basis. I lost a few hundred the last few days, and thats more then enough for me. Its all a coinflip.
    Luckily, with the men anyway, sh!t like this doesn't happen too often. At least not often enough to make me stop betting tennis.

I enjoyed following your commentary. Probably because I've gone through similar situations. I'm glad you finally pulled one out.

Tmuston Beltics
    Tmuston Beltics's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I only hate tennis when I lose. I had munar to win the first set against fuckkng trungelliti, munar was up 4-0 in the tb and only could win next 2 of the next 10 points losing 6-8. Would have won 600€ hehe.