gambleForLife
    gambleForLife's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5015

Match fixing - Dolgopolov vs Monteiro

http://www.sportdw.com/2017/08/dolgo...uspicious.html

I had Monteiro +1.5 sets, still pending on Pinnacle, 99.9% chance that it's gonna be voided.

Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5700

Books will probably void bets on the game.
    The unfortunate thing is that TIU is a toothless bulldog. They won't do anything.

gambleForLife
    gambleForLife's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5015

This other article states that WTA Bondarenko match followed the same pattern:

http://www.tennis-pulse.com/dolgopol...fixing-affair/

Both from Ukrania.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Good stuff. Thanks for posting.

JohnHanson
    JohnHanson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2248

I betted on the over 20,5, on Pinnacle also still pending, for me a push would be okay

penetrating jinxer, hope he gets out from the US Open, this f... sh....

Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5700

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHanson View Post
    I betted on the over 20,5, on Pinnacle also still pending, for me a push would be okay

penetrating jinxer, hope he gets out from the US Open, this f... sh....
    Nothing will happen to him. Just wait and see.
    TIU don't have any means of scrutinizing a player's financial transactions and phone calls. So the unusual betting patterns alone is no proof he got money to tank the game.
    Some books might decide to void bets on the game though.

JohnHanson
    JohnHanson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2248

The ATP should make an example of (and it would be hurt not the wrong one, Dolgo was in the past many more times in suspicion). Would be no good sign for all players, where are playing with the thought to fix games for money, if this has no consequences with Dolgopolov in an ATP match, which is so obv. fixed. I mean what's going on with this guy, if he wants to fix, he have to do it more subtle.

But I also think, that nothing will be happen here.

nuxx??
    nuxx??'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5903

My book already made the bet lost, i had Dolgo in a 3match parlay, the other 2 matches were won. Should i contact my bookie with a link to this article? All in all i'm not sure my bookie would see this as a concrete evidence. So any advice on how to approach this thing would be great, if of course, this turns out to be true.
    Last edited by nuxx??; 08-21-17 at 05:33 AM.

DABOOK
    At The Spectrum
    DABOOK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18419

You can find highlights on youtube. Some strange play from Dolgo for sure.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Good for them.

Clutchut12
    Clutchut12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Dolgy is my go to guy when he is a plus 200 or more underdog. Seems like he alway comes thru. But hell this is good info for when he is a favorite

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by nuxx?? View Post
    My book already made the bet lost, i had Dolgo in a 3match parlay, the other 2 matches were won. Should i contact my bookie with a link to this article? All in all i'm not sure my bookie would see this as a concrete evidence. So any advice on how to approach this thing would be great, if of course, this turns out to be true.
    If any action is taken against Dolgo it might be a possibility. But I agree that books who have settled bets on this match are unlikely to change grading based on this news article.

Can't hurt to send them the link and ask what they think though.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Books will pay out on the match for the action they took. They kept changing the odds to get even money, and then took it off the board once they saw how suspicious it was. If you bet on Monteiro and don't get paid, then you are getting screwed.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

i knew that f@g was a match fixer, throw his ugly ass off the tour

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

What website shows betting volume on each player? I can see the odds changing, but without knowing the volume - it's hard to assess whether it's a fix or not and the proper side to be on. Do most books not show the volume or show what side the public is on?

I went to betfair.com but I don't see where they show volume. I'm not sure how the author of this article got that data.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    What website shows betting volume on each player? I can see the odds changing, but without knowing the volume - it's hard to assess whether it's a fix or not and the proper side to be on. Do most books not show the volume or show what side the public is on?

I went to betfair.com but I don't see where they show volume. I'm not sure how the author of this article got that data.
    Click the little graph symbol to the left of each market name and it shows that graph from the article with volume and odds changes.

SBE
    SBE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3888

I was betting Monteiro, like a surebet. LAYed it at Betfair and placed on Monteiro at Pinnacle. Betfair normally graded it as lost, but Pinnacle today (after 3 days) cancelled. I would like to make a complaint here, via your forum. As well as I will be writing a complaint to MGA (they are having the license there).

Dear Customer,
    [Tennis] [ATP Winston-Salem Open - R1] [Match] Thiago Moura Monteiro vs Alexandr Dolgopolov has been cancelled due to the following reason: [Abnormal and suspicious betting activity has been detected for this event. All wagers from all customers have been cancelled. This action is taken very rarely and is for the protection of all our customers.] . Your bet with ticket-ID: ......... has been refunded. If this game was part of a parlay, please be aware that the parlay will be reduced and recalculated. Thank you!
    Regards,
    Pinnacle

If they do not pay it in the end, after all that complaints, I would lose aroud 1 500 EUR. Thank you, Pinnacle.