Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5674

Who is really a favorite in tennis these days?

The notion of "favorite" and "underdog" is losing it's meaning in tennis. You use all manner of stats to cap games and the results tell you "you're a fool".
    This game is becoming more and more unpredictable by the day.
    For instance, Dodig just beat Goffin in straight sets.

xdodger19
    xdodger19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

I tipped Dodig, Goffin is out of form and Dodig playing well in home tourney
    Goffin just recovering from injury

Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

Hello everyone! I just wanted to chime in.. I am thinking of coming back to posting online again. Most of you who know me know that I know my tennis crap, lol.. 20 years of teaching now & still grinding in tments all over Texas have given me a small amount of tennis insight I hope everyone that I know, and don't know, have been doing great & have been blessed. If I come back to posting or at least discussing tennis matches or scenarios online, it will be SBR (even though the other site, Cv, has been putting up a lot more information, with a lot more posters the last year or so I have noticed). I haven't been online since I ran my thread here for 2 years straight a few years ago. My strategies have changed quite a bit as I constantly take small dogs and don't do anymore parlays at all, none, lol.. Used to be what I loved, but I have wised up in my age now & it has paid dividends for me. Remember, bank roll management is key & this is always a marathon, not a sprint. Good luck to everyone who reads this, talk to ya'll soon..

gambleForLife
    gambleForLife's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5015

I feel ya. ATP 250 are really tricky. I had Goffin -1.5 sets a couple days ago in a parlay and he blew it after wasting 2 match points at the 2nd tiebreak against a nobody. Didn't have the courage to play Dodig today though, good hit xdodger19!

Today, I played Diego Schwartzman -3 against Kuznetsov. He is a solid clay courter, has an amazing return of serve, powerful groundstrokes and Kuznetsov has a weak 2nd serve, so it made sense, as I expected him to break Kuznetsov a lot. Diego lost in straight sets.
    Then I backed Albert Ramos with plus odds, he lost to Verdasco the same way (although looking back, the line looked fishy, so I should have just stayed away).
    Giannessi +3 is gonna hit at least and I also won with a couple of Challenger plays. Isner -3.5 is looking good too. Last play is Lorenzi +2.5, let's see what happens.

Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by gambleForLife View Post
    I feel ya. ATP 250 are really tricky. I had Goffin -1.5 sets a couple days ago in a parlay and he blew it after wasting 2 match points at the 2nd tiebreak against a nobody. Didn't have the courage to play Dodig today though, good hit xdodger19!

Today, I played Diego Schwartzman -3 against Kuznetsov. He is a solid clay courter, has an amazing return of serve, powerful groundstrokes and Kuznetsov has a weak 2nd serve, so it made sense, as I expected him to break Kuznetsov a lot. Diego lost in straight sets.
    Then I backed Albert Ramos with plus odds, he lost to Verdasco the same way (although looking back, the line looked fishy, so I should have just stayed away).
    Giannessi +3 is gonna hit at least and I also won with a couple of Challenger plays. Isner -3.5 is looking good too. Last play is Lorenzi +2.5, let's see what happens.
    Schwartzman was a huge play for me. I lost a lot on him.

Conqueror

Fognini just lost to Rublev. I think Fognini was around -400.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

250 tournaments are a crap shoot, you always have to question the motivation of these top guys who are playing in these tournies. Never wise to go big on them, as easy as it looks, weird shit often goes on in these low level tournaments.

Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    250 tournaments are a crap shoot, you always have to question the motivation of these top guys who are playing in these tournies. Never wise to go big on them, as easy as it looks, weird shit often goes on in these low level tournaments.
    Exactly!

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

Quote Originally Posted by Dmoneytx View Post
    Hello everyone! I just wanted to chime in.. I am thinking of coming back to posting online again. Most of you who know me know that I know my tennis crap, lol.. 20 years of teaching now & still grinding in tments all over Texas have given me a small amount of tennis insight I hope everyone that I know, and don't know, have been doing great & have been blessed. If I come back to posting or at least discussing tennis matches or scenarios online, it will be SBR (even though the other site, Cv, has been putting up a lot more information, with a lot more posters the last year or so I have noticed). I haven't been online since I ran my thread here for 2 years straight a few years ago. My strategies have changed quite a bit as I constantly take small dogs and don't do anymore parlays at all, none, lol.. Used to be what I loved, but I have wised up in my age now & it has paid dividends for me. Remember, bank roll management is key & this is always a marathon, not a sprint. Good luck to everyone who reads this, talk to ya'll soon..
    Would like to see you make a comeback. I always read your posts and respected your insight. You are a little strange sometimes, but who isn't! This forum has been dead lately...

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by Dmoneytx View Post
    Miss ya bro