iamwinning
    iamwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Am I being cheated?

First off I am new to tennis betting. But according to a couple of tutorials I read I presumed my wager to be good. I placed a bet for Zhang Shuai at Heritage and the line was -1.5 +180. She won a total of 16 games and A. Sasnovich won 11. I was told that I bet on # of sets won. So in other words the only way to win that bet is if Zhang Shuai won the first 2 sets? It was on the whole match and not a 1st set bet to confirm. What happened here? It looked like I won my other bets from similar circumstances.

gorwin068
    Tennis fan and bettor
    gorwin068's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4603

If the line was -1.5 +180, I believe you should be betting on Zhang Shuai -1.5 Sets, it means that she must need to win 2-0 in sets for your bet to win. (In women tennis, it is always best of 3 sets, so 2-0 or 2-1 outcome only.)
    But the result of the match was
    Zhang Shuai winning 2-1 in sets, so that's why you lost this bet.

But yea, if you were betting on
    Zhang Shuai -1.5 Games instead, she would help you win the bet, because she won 16 games and the opponent won 11 games, 5 games difference.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: iamwinning

iamwinning
    iamwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Thanks for your help and input. Yes I didn't know that there was a difference in set betting or game betting. I thought the spread itself was automatically for the amount of games won +-. I suppose I need to do more research lol.

gorwin068
    Tennis fan and bettor
    gorwin068's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4603

No worries, it is not that hard to get it...
    Good luck