ProDane
    ProDane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4526

Houston final 2017

Steve Johnson - Thomaz Bellucci
    Line: 1.56 - 2.43

Final on the dirt in Houston. To me, the only advantage Johnson has here is that he is playing on home soil. He is a hardcourt/grass-guy, and I don't even know how he managed to get past the likes of Sock and especially Verdasco.
    On the other side Brazilian Bellucci loves the clay. He has played 4 3-set matches, and he might have heavy legs tody. Although I believe that the claycourter will beat the hardcouter. They are very similar in terms of body type, and they both have a good serve (slight advantage to Johnson) and a decent forehand.
    They met in Australian Open last year (hardcourt) where Johnson won 3-0, but this is going to be a complete different match since it is on the dirt.

Value is clearly on Bellucci at a great odds of 2.43.

ProDane

Furthermore I also believe that Marketa Vondrousova will win the final in Biel at odds 1.75.

Good luck to anyone who trails. Feel free to discuss my picks.

sunshineSpecial
    sunshineSpecial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5137

Agree on Vondrousova - 2 sets. Disagree on Bellucci. Johnson frequently bails in the early rounds, but he's actually pretty talented. Right now he's steaming. Bellucci struggled with Escobedo (who is also given'er at the moment); Johnson is going to plough through him.

gambleForLife
    gambleForLife's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5015

I like the over. Bellucci is too inconsistent for me to back him, but I can see him taking a set.

gorwin068
    Tennis fan and bettor
    gorwin068's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4609

Regarding Johnson, I guess it is because this clay court surface is a really fast one, that's why he performed better...But Bellucci is not reliable for me, so I would just skip this kind of match.

gorwin068
    Tennis fan and bettor
    gorwin068's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4609

Vondrousova won in straight sets, good call. She saved 13 out of 14 break points lol

ProDane

I can't quite believe what I just saw.
    Bellucci was up 4-3 with a break in the final set. Okay. Johnson breaks him, and at 5-5 and 40-30 Johnson gets a massive cramp in his leg and cant walk. Still wins game with a useless second serve at about 50 mph. Bellucci then loses the tiebreak 7-5. wtf. massive brazilian clown... sorry for rage.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Watched it...Tons of heart and grit by Johnson. I think Bellucci was gassed as well from playing5 3 setters. I was hoping for a Michael Chang underhanded serve