reedy
    reedy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2417

Clay Court Handicapping

i've not had much luck so far this season with clay. Currently 6-14 on the dirt since the season started whilst 9-3 for hard court action within the same time period. All WTA.

I found this article (oldie but still interesting): https://www.pinnacle.com/en/betting-...tting-strategy

How do you roosters factor clay in to your handicapping?

DR225
    DR225's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

The clay season has barely even started, what tourney did those bets come from? So far we've only had one ok tourney, the Rio Open and then a bunch of 250 garbage. And this sounds obvious but you should be betting on clay courters. Guys that for the most part, are defensive baseliners that keep the rally going until they coax an error from their opponent. This is a time to ignore flashy players that ordinarily hit winner after winner in favor of guys that can just get the ball back over and over and over and over until the more talented player makes a mistake and loses his mind. This is mostly for the atp though. For the women, they will each get broken 90% of the time and the woman who gets broken once or twice less will win.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3744

typically lean with the clay pedigree types
    who were raised and trained to play on clay
    your latin countries, spain, france, and some balkans.

w@lt
    w@lt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1519

Wow. I just saw that Genie is playing an ITF tourney...

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by w@lt View Post
    Wow. I just saw that Genie is playing an ITF tourney...
    And barely hanging in there. Couple days ago against a player ranked 601.

Bouchard vs. Morgan 6-4, 2-6, 6-4

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Form still gonna trump all. Stay closer to those who know how to play on it though, most Americans dont, most didnt grow up playing on real clay anyway, most dont even slide. Many foreigners consider clay real tennis, its about constructing points, opening up the court, wears on the legs, longer points. Women tennis just so much different than men's. Not much point constructing, more just hit where the person isnt. Not a whole lot of thinking either which is probably why coaches are always out on the court of course we dont see that on the men's side. Many times I see things in women's matches, less with men, that if they starting doing something different they'd have an easier time, like something simple as when its obvious a player is struggling on the backhand side and they dont keep going there or constantly having a player on the defensive, but the player is getting the ball back and the other player refuses to come to the net to finish pts off an ends up losing the point. No real clay in America that I know of, itf tourney by my house is like the others, in fact when I first went to it years ago I didnt even know it was clay, even after I left I saw I read online all the courts were clay, amazing, nothing looked or acted like clay that day not even the color.

gorwin068
    Tennis fan and bettor
    gorwin068's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4549

Bouchard just lost 0-6 3-6 to a #896 ranked player, although that is a player with higher ranking in the past.
    Anyway
    Bouchard can leave this ITF US tournament with a bagel on the plane