gorwin068
    Tennis fan and bettor
    gorwin068's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4603

Kerber choking and trailing behind in 3rd set

Kerber choking and trailing behind in 3rd set, Parmentier leading 4-1 in final set...
    Pre-match odd of Kerber is 1.10

So what? She is still No.1 this week anyway after Serena withdrew...

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Kerber can be beaten early in rounds she comes in not in form and tries to play her way into form, but Parm doesnt win matches against players like this, she's a big choker herself.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Kerber can be beaten early in rounds she comes in not in form and tries to play her way into form, but Parm doesnt win matches against players like this, she's a big choker herself.
    she's improved A LOT my friend.

gorwin068
    Tennis fan and bettor

Omg Kerber is coming back now...gonna serve out the match

DR225
    DR225's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

I put $30 to win $218 on Parm after she collapsed in the 1st set. I messed up though, I put all of it on Kerber at -203 when it was 1-1 in the 3rd set. I could see Parm crumbling and getting broken so I got out. Parm ended up serving a love game and then breaking Kerber in the next game so I basically lost the amazing value I had.

Kerber is going to win but I still feel bad as Kerber was +400 at the highest when she was down.

gorwin068
    Tennis fan and bettor

Quote Originally Posted by DR225 View Post
    I put $30 to win $218 on Parm after she collapsed in the 1st set. I messed up though, I put all of it on Kerber at -203 when it was 1-1 in the 3rd set. I could see Parm crumbling and getting broken so I got out. Parm ended up serving a love game and then breaking Kerber in the next game so I basically lost the amazing value I had.

Kerber is going to win but I still feel bad as Kerber was +400 at the highest when she was down.
    Kerber did win in the end...WTA is still always dramatic everywhere

DR225
    DR225's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Parm was a bit unlucky though. I think when Parm had a game point to go up 5 games to 2, Kerber hit a winner that ended up being out. The broadcast showed the hawk-eye mark and if Parm had challenged, she would've won the point and game. At 5-2, it's likely that Parm wins.

jtoler

It was a small chance Parm would win, this is what separates the upper players from the lower, during the more meaningful points the lower players wont win those.

BankrollMafia
    Update your status
    BankrollMafia's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3346

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    It was a small chance Parm would win, this is what separates the upper players from the lower, during the more meaningful points the lower players wont win those.
    Agree 100%, but at crazy odds like +505 for Parm and it was that close, who wouldn't take a chance. You're right, she was up 2 breaks and had 2 chance to serve for the both the 1st and 3rd set but she didn't have what it takes.

I mean yeah I understand the upper players will win those crucial points but can't back someone at that odd and making it that close.

BankrollMafia
    Update your status
    BankrollMafia's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3346

Quote Originally Posted by gorwin068 View Post
    Kerber choking and trailing behind in 3rd set, Parmentier leading 4-1 in final set...
    Pre-match odd of Kerber is 1.10

So what? She is still No.1 this week anyway after Serena withdrew...
    I was counting on her to choke as well.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by BankrollMafia View Post
    Agree 100%, but at crazy odds like +505 for Parm and it was that close, who wouldn't take a chance. You're right, she was up 2 breaks and had 2 chance to serve for the both the 1st and 3rd set but she didn't have what it takes.

I mean yeah I understand the upper players will win those crucial points but can't back someone at that odd and making it that close.
    Absolutely Id play those odds, definitely wouldnt play the opposite. In a win/lose 50/50 scenario though odds are against someone like Parm even against a not quite in form Kerber. But no doubt no brainer to take +500.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

The linesman bailed out Kerber in this match. It was 4-2 in the 3rd set, with Parmentier up 40-30 - Kerber hit the ball out but Parmentier played it and didn't challenge, ended up losing the point and eventually the game. It should have been Parmentier 5-2 in the 3rd set. I think she would have been able to close it out at that point. Even so, she still won more points than Kerber, and should have won the 1st set also - had set point there too.

Kerber is trash and her effort is pathetic. She's the worst WTA #1 player of all time. She gifts wins to lesser players all the time. I've lost way tooo much money on her to ever bet her again in my life.