GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Wtf is Nadal favored of Fed on hardcourt?

Fed +115

Dumbest thing I've ever seen

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Line won't last. Should be closer to a PK. Not really that dumb. Nadal is currently the best player in the world. Said it after round 1 of tournamnet. Just needed to see 1 match. But Federer will be a bit too much on this quick surface. U.S. open hardcourts though -- Nadal would probably win that one. These courts playing faster than any major over last few years.

See my thread for analysis if interested.

w@lt
    w@lt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1519

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Nadal is currently the best player in the world.
    Oh, stop...

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by w@lt View Post
    Oh, stop...
    You realize this is Nadal's worst surface....by far....and he's in the final?

Nadal is the best player in the world. All tennis gurus knew it was just a matter of time before Rafael Nadal returned to dominance.

Nadal will win the french now and will compete for other titles as well every slam. Just like old rafa.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

the line doesn't matter.

coin flip. avoid unless you are ok with a 50% chance of losing.

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    Fed +115

Dumbest thing I've ever seen
    Considering all-time, hard and AO H2H? Yeah, it's crazy

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    the line doesn't matter.

People who follow tennis closely aren't gonna avoid this match Snowball. They've been following all tournament, all year, all these guys careers, and they're not gonna sit this one out. Not to say we will be 100% correct, but our analysis led us to a prediction, and we're going for it.

I think the everyday gambler who doesn't follow these guys closely over their careers should avoid it

Snowball

good luck Goat Milk, my winnings are in for this tournament,
    already looking ahead. There are sweet spots I like in most tournaments
    and this one is past its freshness date.

Gun to head I would also take Nadal. He is rock solid.
    But Roger is Roger... and so ... whatever.

sluggy1616
    Update your status
    sluggy1616's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4880

Books playing the dumb money, Nadal in 3 or 4. Dumb money gonna be all over Fed. Books know this. They ain't stupid

w@lt

You realize this is Nadal's worst surface....by far....and he's in the final?

Nadal is the best player in the world. All tennis gurus knew it was just a matter of time before Rafael Nadal returned to dominance.

Nadal will win the french now and will compete for other titles as well every slam. Just like old rafa.
    Marin Fukking Cilic won the US Open 2 years ago. Just because Nadal made it this far doesn't mean he's all of a sudden the best player in the world. Don't get me wrong, he seems to be playing well.

Steamroller
    Steamroller's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5201

Nadal is the best player in the world.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Because he should be.

Goat Milk

good luck Goat Milk, my winnings are in for this tournament,
    already looking ahead. There are sweet spots I like in most tournaments
    and this one is past its freshness date.

Gun to head I would also take Nadal. He is rock solid.
    But Roger is Roger... and so ... whatever.
    Snowball, you know I'm on Federer right?

Goat Milk

Marin Fukking Cilic won the US Open 2 years ago. Just because Nadal made it this far doesn't mean he's all of a sudden the best player in the world. Don't get me wrong, he seems to be playing well.
    Nadal's been the best player in the world his whole career pretty much. Only the last 2 years he's been injured. Great athletes return from injury to dominance all the time bro. Nadal is the best, trust me. Roger wins this title. But Nadal is coming after that. Look out Djokovic, and Murray? Swerve.

Don_Omarion
    Goals are set! +100 Units
    Don_Omarion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1304

the line doesn't matter.

exactly ! that is why I will enjoy the game without betting.. a gun to my head I will pick Nadal because he fights for the last shot but for FED, he chokes against Nadal specially lately

People who follow tennis closely aren't gonna avoid this match Snowball. They've been following all tournament, all year, all these guys careers, and they're not gonna sit this one out. Not to say we will be 100% correct, but our analysis led us to a prediction, and we're going for it.

I think the everyday gambler who doesn't follow these guys closely over their careers should avoid it
    Iam buddy, trust me staying away is the best option here or a small play

bettingmosquito
    bettingmosquito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 538

Almost everytime Federer is favored by the bookies and the market against Nadal in slams, he lose... I was expecting Nadal to be around 1.60 but I see him at 1.87. I will back him for sure. I see value above 1.75.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I don't think my degenerate ass can even touch this one. I'd like Fed to win, but Nadal looks good. Fed will have to serve extremely well.

Snowball

Snowball, you know I'm on Federer right?
    Naw I thought you were on Nadal.

good luck. I'm sure it will be a thrill.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

federer has been a complete disaster vs. nadal in the past.

now earlier on it was mostly clay which is understandable........... but then it spread to grass/hard which suggested to me that it was somewhat in federer's head.

is AO court faster than USO? thought it was the opposite. or did that change at some point?.........

if the court isn't terribly fast then i think nadal is amazing value.
    Points Awarded:

picopico101 gave gojetsgomoxies 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

w@lt

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    now earlier on it was mostly clay which is understandable........... but then it spread to grass/hard which suggested to me that it was somewhat in federer's head.
    is AO court faster than USO? thought it was the opposite. or did that change at some point?.........
    I think the court is pretty fast this year. Almost certain it's faster than USO.

sluggy1616
    Update your status
    sluggy1616's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4880

Nadal is healthy and seems to be finally used to his more powerful raquet.
    Ball jumped for Nadal in past. Not jumping as high but his shots are much heavier than in the past. If he stays healthy he should have a monster year

sleeper
    sleeper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4263

Huge Rafa fan here. But "nadal is currently the best player in the world."....
    lmao common you clearly don't watch tennis

Cuse0323

Court is definitely playing faster than normal. Grigor played well, and still lost. Molded his game after Fed, which worries me. Though, stamina and a couple points changed everything. My gut says Nadal, heart says Fed. Fed deserves this last one in Australia. I think he will do it.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

You sound like you've never watched an actual match.
    Nadal probably IS the best player in the world right now (as much as I hate Murray it's still possible he is) and not because of one tournament, but how he's played, how he's won, and how he's adjusted properly with his serving this year and has also gained his confidence back as well. This is his worst surface too.
    NADAL IS BACK, you can just see it if you've watched 75% of the matches he's played in the last 5 years (like I have).
    He was a psychological mess the past year and half. Was hoping for that to come back in his head in that 5th set with the Dimitrov match (had him +3500, +3000, +2200,+1200, +700 to win it all).

Whether him and Feds got back on the roids with their injury layoffs is definitely something to be considered though.
    I'm convinced these guys have found something undetectable recently.
    It's the only thing that explains their sudden resurgence, especially after long layoffs from injuries, and age factors(more so with Feds).
    I love they are back either way. The whole tennis world has loved all the excitement this tournament has had with all the old fukks taking over.

Barring injuries, Nadal will be in another slam final this year as well.

All that fast court bullshit favoring Feds tomorrow you can throw out the window.
    They have been saying that for every Nadal match he's played this tournament.
    And I'm sure everyone said it all 3 times these 2 have played each other here as well (all 3 in which Nadal won anyway).
    Feds was flat out exhausted and relieved after going with 5 sets with Stan, his legs were wobbly and his mind was fried. And it wasn't even a grueling match in all honesty. I don't even think that match lasted 3 hours. 3 of the 5 sets I considered non-competitive.
    5 sets with Nadal will be twice as tough. I think he's gonna come up short in the energy department here. He did luck out and have 2 days off, but a 5 1/2 hour match with Nadal he will not be able to handle.
    I'll give Feds an outside chance to win in 3 sets, otherwise I think he has no shot.

Nadal wins in 4, possibly 3

BOL to everyone
    Last edited by BennyBigNuts; 01-28-17 at 05:21 AM.

Cuse0323

Yeah, damn Benny. Right on point. I can't bring myself to bet Nadal. I'll just withdraw money, and hope for Fed. Fck it.
    Points Awarded:

BennyBigNuts gave Cuse0323 33 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Elton Jack
    Elton Jack's Avatar Become A Pro!

Benny said it, Nadal is 3-0 over federer on AO courts. that answers all "surface" speculations
    Last edited by Elton Jack; 01-28-17 at 06:06 AM.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post

This is the fastest the aussie courts have played in about 10 years. Yes, much faster than the U.S. open.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    You sound like you've never watched an actual match.
    Nadal probably IS the best player in the world right now (as much as I hate Murray it's still possible he is) and not because of one tournament, but how he's played, how he's won, and how he's adjusted properly with his serving this year and has also gained his confidence back as well. This is his worst surface too.
    NADAL IS BACK, you can just see it if you've watched 75% of the matches he's played in the last 5 years (like I have).
    He was a psychological mess the past year and half. Was hoping for that to come back in his head in that 5th set with the Dimitrov match (had him +3500, +3000, +2200,+1200, +700 to win it all).

Whether him and Feds got back on the roids with their injury layoffs is definitely something to be considered though.
    I'm convinced these guys have found something undetectable recently.
    It's the only thing that explains their sudden resurgence, especially after long layoffs from injuries, and age factors(more so with Feds).
    I love they are back either way. The whole tennis world has loved all the excitement this tournament has had with all the old fukks taking over.

Barring injuries, Nadal will be in another slam final this year as well.

All that fast court bullshit favoring Feds tomorrow you can throw out the window.
    They have been saying that for every Nadal match he's played this tournament.
    And I'm sure everyone said it all 3 times these 2 have played each other here as well (all 3 in which Nadal won anyway).
    Feds was flat out exhausted and relieved after going with 5 sets with Stan, his legs were wobbly and his mind was fried. And it wasn't even a grueling match in all honesty. I don't even think that match lasted 3 hours. 3 of the 5 sets I considered non-competitive.
    5 sets with Nadal will be twice as tough. I think he's gonna come up short in the energy department here. He did luck out and have 2 days off, but a 5 1/2 hour match with Nadal he will not be able to handle.
    I'll give Feds an outside chance to win in 3 sets, otherwise I think he has no shot.

BOL to everyone
    Nadal was injured for 2 years bro. He's only 30 years old. That's the prime age of most athletes' careers. Not sure how you are suspecting roids just because a guy returns from injury? It's not like he shattered his MCL ACL and achilles at the same time. His injuries were pretty minor. They just accumulated a bit. Now he's healthy. He works out for 10 hours a day and has a ridiculous diet. He doesn't drink alcohol, etc. We can't knee jerk react just because a guy was injured for awhile. We all know that Nadal was the best player in the world for 5 years at least, maybe longer. Guys in sports get injured all the time. Some even come back stronger.... That's sports.

Federer isn't in anywhere near the shape Nadal is... Federer relies on pure skill and genius shotmaking to win matches. That's why he's struggled with Nadal so much throughout their careers. Nadal grinds him down and Fed can't handle it.

Federer wins this match. It won't go 5 sets. Nadal is hitting the ball too short on this surface at the moment. Sorry Benny.

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Both of them at max 60% of what their game & fitness used to be. And that says a lot about the next generation of players.

Brooklyn Dick
    Brooklyn Dick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22145

How would . Dimitrov have done if he played Federer? I doubt he could have won more than one set. Do not underestimate Fed in this match. He will keep the points short.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

suspicion about fed/nadal and steroids is interesting........

BUT,

the reason they are facing each other in the AO final is that murray and djokovic lost early to others.

i don't feel like any other players are close to murray/djokovic in general....... of course, before this week i would said fed wasn't either...... to me, nadal has just been injured. don't think he's really ever fallen in ranking due to play - could be wrong on that of course.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by horja1 View Post
    Both of them at max 60% of what their game & fitness used to be. And that says a lot about the next generation of players.
    true statement.

can't under estimate mental side of the game plus all these young players get endorsements and wads of cash before they prove it on court which makes desire not there

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

What's the play boys?
    I'm thinking under.

Retibol
    Retibol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1001

BOL to everyone
    Wins in 3? Oh man, there goes your credibility...
    He's facing the best, of all time

So Nadal has lost his 11 out of 12 last matches against Djokovic... 1 good tournament isnt enough to assume that he's the best in the world

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Federer for me. Nadal should have already lost to Zverev and Dimitrov, and I had Nadal in both of those matches.

12 Last